Sign in to follow this  

Rebound speed

Just playing around with a couple shocks I have here at the moment and noting the differences in rebound speed with no spring on. One is an Ohlins 888, the other is the Ohlins TTX. I noticed that the 888 has a much more profound effect on the rebound speed than the TTX and also that the 888 also has a lot more cross over where basically anywhere from around 18 clicks out to closed you get noticable effects to the compression circuit as well as the rebound. Alternatively the difference in the TTX is very little. Maybe a total of 1 second between having the rebound fully closed vs fully open, which lead me to wonder. Typically, around how many seconds are you looking at for a shaft to fully extend from fully compressed?

Obviously that will change depending on damping for the individual and their spring rates, as well as for what the bike is set up for.. but ball park figure? 4 to 5 seconds? Faster? Slower?

Yes 5 seconds is about normal but don't forget your only looking at the bleed circuit on this test

It's going to vary a lot (in that test) based on shaft diameter and reservoir pressure btw.

Thanks for the reply. Makes perfect sense re only using the bleed or very low speed damping when being pushed back by only the nitrogen charge.

I fell asleep measuring a 13 RMZ 450;)

• Like 1

The rmz with the x ring, feels like uv built it wrong when u press the shaft it and wait for it to return

• Like 1

They sure do Karlace!

The rmz with the x ring, feels like uv built it wrong when u press the shaft it and wait for it to return

:thumbsup: Looks like thats been answered well and truly! Relevance = none.. but it definitely puts my mind at ease!