Sign in to follow this  

The day the 200 has to go. :(

Well folks, I've come to the point of selling my 03 200 EXC. I have school now, and a job, as I'm 15, and my baby has to leave. For 2500$, I am making money of it. That is a hard thing to come by when your buying and selling dirtbikes. I have had lots of fun on this bike. To the next owner, I hope you take dear care of this masterpiece, and I hope you love her as much as I do. So long dirtbikes. Today is a sad day for me. I hope to get back into it when I am older, and have a drivers liscence. Happy trails baby.cc0532398a16837b6ff741cf255f34a3_zpscf70

0f0ef5d263f20f47ef612a685cf7f1de_zps1ecb

Bummer Biggins :cry:  but you are making a very mature decision for a 15 year old :thumbsup:  that's something you don't see much of these days from you young kids. You'll get back into bikes again in the future and you will have a greater appreciation for the bikes then.

If I was closer to you I'd snap that bike up in a heart beat, especially since you just had the motor rebuilt

• Like 2

I hope your not selling that ktm to chase skirt. Just because you have permawood dosen't mean you have to leave the sport.

• Like 1

I hope your not selling that ktm to chase skirt. Just because you have permawood dosen't mean you have to leave the sport.

Well said! You'll get more rides out of the 200!

• Like 5

Yeah no doubt.  The raging blue vein can cost you a hell of a lot more than a dirt bike if you use it improperly.. but what's promping the sale of your bike?  You've been in school for years now.. that hasn't changed.

I think if you ask most older riders, one of the BIGGEST REGRETS is that the sold the first bike they learned to ride on (or spent the most time riding).

If you don't need the $$$$$ ... put it away for storage.  You may be glad you did some day down the road  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I think if you ask most older riders, one of the BIGGEST REGRETS is that the sold the first bike they learned to ride on (or spent the most time riding).

If you don't need the $$$$$ ... put it away for storage.  You may be glad you did some day down the road  :thumbsup:

I learned that from my father, all the stories of "I wish I never sold that" 

Pretty crass, but a wise old First Sergeant told me once that if it floats, flies, or f*#<s it's cheaper to rent. I agree with the above, that if you're selling to chase quimby, you'll regret it later.

• Like 1

Well, I'm not chasin' poon. I got a 1993 ford f150 and it gets 13 mpg. So I need gas money haha. Or if I decide to, I've got about 4,000 now for a nicer bike ;) it's okay though, I will have another 2 stroke in the future. I love big mud holes, and big hills, and money helps me and my truck more prepared for that ;)

And the cool thing is, with most dirtbikes, there a money pit and you never make it back, I made money on this beauty anyways! Bought it for 1600 dumped 800 into it, sold for 2500

Well, I'm not chasin' poon. I got a 1993 ford f150 and it gets 13 mpg. So I need gas money haha. Or if I decide to, I've got about 4,000 now for a nicer bike ;) it's okay though, I will have another 2 stroke in the future. I love big mud holes, and big hills, and money helps me and my truck more prepared for that ;)

I suggest you pickup a mid 90s Honda accord or civic to solve that gas problem. 

And the cool thing is, with most dirtbikes, there a money pit and you never make it back, I made money on this beauty anyways! Bought it for 1600 dumped 800 into it, sold for 2500

That's phenomenal! Hard to make money on dirt bikes in the last five years it seems. 

I had a 2000 model a year ago. Job said they were gonna cut my hours significantly. I freaked and sold it. Only lost 48 hours this year. :) Here's some more memorial 200 pics. :banana:

IMG-20120715-00047.jpg

IMG-20120715-00043.jpg

Edited by shrubitup
  • Like 1

I suggest you pickup a mid 90s Honda accord or civic to solve that gas problem. 

That's phenomenal! Hard to make money on dirt bikes in the last five years it seems. 

I had a 2000 model a year ago. Job said they were gonna cut my hours significantly. I freaked and sold it. Only lost 48 hours this year. :) Here's some more memorial 200 pics. :banana:

IMG-20120715-00047.jpg

IMG-20120715-00043.jpg

but, I would have to pay for insurance for both, and the truck was free :) 50,000 miles, 351 V8 motor, runs great.