Anyone have HDB top clamp?

Highway Dirtbikes... the size should be 90 x 38/40 (based on my measurements), but I'm wondering if the stock lowers will work. I don't need to raise my bars, but I just want to add some space for "stuff", which the HDB top clamp offers.

Highway Dirtbikes... the size should be 90 x 38/40 (based on my measurements), but I'm wondering if the stock lowers will work. I don't need to raise my bars, but I just want to add some space for "stuff", which the HDB top clamp offers.

I have a 2013 520RS and run the 90X38X40 with the stock lower, no issues at all.

Cool, that will probably work for me, then.

Thanks!

So what do these top clamps do exactly? Is it just for aux switches? I was looking at them and see no way to mount a stock computer, roll chart or GPS. I use this setup and it seems to work fine (although pretty bulky).

file_zpscce10aad.jpg

They are mainly for switch mounts and to mount HDB handguards (which are high quality, but I've already got handguards on this bike). However, I may try using the M8 hanguard mount for my aux lights, because I don't really like where they are mounted now (it was a last minute mount job). And, I might want to mount some sorta aux power switch. Plus, my speedo mount is broken- it's zip tied right now. I may do a ride soon that requires  a resettable odo, and I "reset" mine right now, but it's really hard to do (because of how it's mounted). HDB has some billet speedo mounts, and I want to see if one might fit mine. They are really made for KTM/'berg or TrailTech, so I don't think it will work, but I'm willing to try.

Cool enough. So far my setup is pretty well dialed in. It's really a challenge to get everything to clear. Between the headlamp mask , front brake/computer line, bag, roll chart, GPS and mirror it was really hard to get a balance between ease of use and clearance. Add all that to my really strange handlebar position and rolled forward levers, you get the idea…..

I run them because I have to with their guards. There is room to bolt up goodies if one is inclined.

+1 on the 90 38/40

preview_image_0_44025362x.jpg

Edited by redpillar