Sign in to follow this  

How not to get sick?

This season for me has been kind of a disappointing. I decided after two seasons of riding and a couple of races thru out the two years that I would race a local 10 race 1 hour long hair scramble series in the novice class for my third year riding a dirt bike. I am almost 30 year have 2 year old son and work a job that demands a lot of hours. So having time to train, ride, sleep & rest can be challenging. Anyways my season has gone like this start training late 6 weeks before the season , got the flu 4 weeks before the season, started training, 2 weeks before the season, got a bad cold the week of the first race finished mid pack. Started training again placed top three next races and improving each race. Worked 3 70 hr weeks in a row and got cold that carried over 2 races both resulted in mid pack finishes. Basically I have the speed win the races . I ussually lead for the first half to 3/4 the thing that is holding me back is my endurence. I cant seem to stay heathly long enough to build up my endurence. What should I do to stay heathy.

This season for me has been kind of a disappointing. I decided after two seasons of riding and a couple of races thru out the two years that I would race a local 10 race 1 hour long hair scramble series in the novice class for my third year riding a dirt bike. I am almost 30 year have 2 year old son and work a job that demands a lot of hours. So having time to train, ride, sleep & rest can be challenging. Anyways my season has gone like this start training late 6 weeks before the season , got the flu 4 weeks before the season, started training, 2 weeks before the season, got a bad cold the week of the first race finished mid pack. Started training again placed top three next races and improving each race. Worked 3 70 hr weeks in a row and got cold that carried over 2 races both resulted in mid pack finishes. Basically I have the speed win the races . I ussually lead for the first half to 3/4 the thing that is holding me back is my endurence. I cant seem to stay heathly long enough to build up my endurence. What should I do to stay heathy.

Well this really isn't a problem, it's more of luck and karma at its best. I've raced and been sick but also been healthy those same heats/weeks. Sickness and healthiness is just luck and all that. Sometimes eating differently helps but in my case, I ain't giving up my burgers or tacos. I rather play my cards on the high road. Better luck next time man.

Do a search on Apple Cider Vinegar Cold Remedy.  At the first sign of anything, take 3 times a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner).  I pour into a glass so it's maybe two tablespoons or so.  The stuff is nasty tasting so mix with Orange Juice or some other juice.  It has helped me several times stave off a cold.  Up until a year and a half a ago, I didn't get a cold for 3 years and we live in PA with some cold winters and bad flu seasons.  Some people actually take this daily regardless if they are fighting a cold or not.

I very rarely get sick, or get a cold. The key for me is taking a lot of Vitamin C in addition to a get multi vitamin. I take 2000 mg in the morning and evening. I've been doing this for years. I never get a flu shot either. Might want to give it a try.