Sign in to follow this  

1987 yz125 good deal?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/mcy/4036368876.html

What do you guys think about this? It looks fairly nice for an older bike to me but this if my first bike so i dont really have a clue... The original plan was to wait and get a late 90's bike but is there going to be that big of a difference between this and a late 90's 125?

$300 or best offer.  I mean if you can get it for $200 bucks and it runs then to me that would be worth it just to take it out for a weekend and have fun but unless (in the long run) you are looking to do a restoration project I would look for something newer. 

Personally I would save up around $1000 and get a 2000 year model 125 two stroke.

Edited by GaDRZ400sMan

$300 or best offer. I mean if you can get it for $200 bucks and it runs then to me that would be worth it just to take it out for a weekend and have fun but unless (in the long run) you are looking to do a restoration project I would look for something newer.

Personally I would save up around $1000 and get a 2000 year model 125 two stroke.

I was planning on waiting until after winter and spending around 1000 on something but i figured if i get this it'd be good to learn on since i wouldn't have to worry much about keeping it nice. The only thing making me second guess it is it's almost a 2 hour drive away im not sure if it's a good enough deal to make that worth it.

I would go for it, like you said you won't have to worry about keeping it nice and it would be a decent bike to learn on. Plus you can't go wrong for $300