2007 cr250 needs rescue!

I would never spend much on a bike that's been raced any length of time off-road. The cross country guys' bikes are always roaches.

Yea it has seen better days for sure but it just kills me that an 07 is just sitting there

Serious question how well do these frames hold up. Being an off road bike it hasn't seen much jumping

Yea it has seen better days for sure but it just kills me that an 07 is just sitting there

Serious question how well do these frames hold up. Being an off road bike it hasn't seen much jumping

I remember reading an mx article in late 01 after RC had signed with Honda to race the 02 season about a similiar question.   How would the twin spar aluminum frame hold up with RC's radical over the edge riding style.   If any body pushed the limits with the 3rd gen frame it would've been him.   If I remember right he went 15/16 in the SX & 24/24 in MX that year.  

The weakest part of the frame will be at the bottom 2 cradles where it's at the thinnest part.   I've only seen 2 Honda aluminum frames with damage in that area with both being off road riders.   One was an 03 CR250r & the other a 09 CRF450r with the cradles being being bent due to both hitting big rock boulders.  Neither had skid plates, but I'm sure it could have been prevented.  Check underneath the frame when looking at used bikes.           

The frame has a retro fitted Crf full skid plate.

This bike only had 2 owners the AA pro and then my buddy.

The good news is when the bike was being raced it was sponsored by bettencourts Honda and maintained professionally with only Honda parts

The cylinder should be in good shape but It would need a full rebuild

Please save it dude it will be worth it

Unless you have 2500 cash right now then you could find a nice 250

I asked my buddy about it last night and he is going to keep it for now but if he ever sells it I get first crack at it so I guess that's a good thing

Hello ,

If ya mate want to sell it in the future and it's a real '07 bike and engine then I'm interested..even more interested in the engine and parts to get it run..

The frame and the rest he can keep..only have to ship it to europe.. cost are for me ofcourse..

regards.

Hello ,

If ya mate want to sell it in the future and it's a real '07 bike and engine then I'm interested..even more interested in the engine and parts to get it run..

The frame and the rest he can keep..only have to ship it to europe.. cost are for me ofcourse..

regards.

If anyone's buying that bike it's going to be me

You can build that bike yourself on a budget for a $1000. Don't replace rebuild there is a difference. Give him $500 that's fair. No top end, wheels, shocks, bearings, tires that is pretty much the whole bike. You can lace up the wheels and put a new tires on them for $500. Rebuild the top for $150, get the shocks rebuilt for $50-$100.

Give him 1500 and rebuild the bike.  You would be helping out a friend and helping yourself.  If your patient you can get some great deals on ebay.  Also, if your anything like me its like therapy working on my bike in the winter time up north.  Ya, you will probably have another 1500 into it and you will probably lose money if you go to resell it. But most of us are not in it to make money on our bikes.  We just like to ride and in my case working on my 02 is a stress reliever.