Sign in to follow this  

Nasty leaky carb

OK so i bought a drz about a month ago when i got the bike i noticed the carb was a little leaky but the bike had 6k on it ran good and was very clean at a fair price and i knew i was gonna do the 3x3 and rejet among other things (already bought the mrd/ssw)  so wasn't a big deal. But anyways i hate to ask a dumb question but on the bottom of the carb there's a good size threader hole were it almost seems to be leaking from i don't have a manual but it seem that its there for a reason but yet nothing was hooked up. The only other thing i can think of is floatbowl seal i think the bike might have set for who knows how long i figure new seal and a good carb cleaning any suggestions? oh also when pulling carb instead of splitting frame i removed rear boot to airbox had a good amount of gas in the bottom of the boot?

photo(11).JPG

photo(12).JPG

photo(13).JPG

The threaded holes are for things not used on US models.  You should check the petcock to see if it is shutting of (motor not running) in the ON and RES positions.  Quite common for petcocks to be bad.  Change the oil, it is probably contaminated with gas.

You need to replace all the O ring seals in the carb.  The most important one is the O ring on the float valve seat.  1.5mm by 8mm or 1/16" by 5/16".

That carb has been leaking for a long time. That seal cap on the nipple was for the CA vapor emissions. No doubt long gone.  Make sure that nipple is well sealed.

The threaded holes are for things not used on US models.  You should check the petcock to see if it is shutting of (motor not running) in the ON and RES positions.  Quite common for petcocks to be bad.  Change the oil, it is probably contaminated with gas.

You need to replace all the O ring seals in the carb.  The most important one is the O ring on the float valve seat.  1.5mm by 8mm or 1/16" by 5/16".

That carb has been leaking for a long time. That seal cap on the nipple was for the CA vapor emissions. No doubt long gone.  Make sure that nipple is well sealed.

I checked the petcock when draining the tank don't trust the gas that was in it and it seemed to shut off fine from prime to on. Good call on the float valve also i removed smog stuff about a week ago i just used the cap of the canister "thanks for the reply man"