XR 600 Wheel help!

I'm looking for specifications on rear wheel offset on a 1987 XR600R. I have been told its measured from the mounting surface of the rear sprocket on the hub to center of the rim?  

Any info would be appreciated!!!! :)

Just fitted '79 twinshock cush wheel into 1990 XR600, found most dimensions the same.  

Farmbike CTX200 very similar too.

Think the measurement you ask for was 90mm on all three wheels.

Just fitted '79 twinshock cush wheel into 1990 XR600, found most dimensions the same.  

Farmbike CTX200 very similar too.

Think the measurement you ask for was 90mm on all three wheels.

The reason I'm looking for info on this is because I'm sending my rear hub to Buchanan Spoke and rim to get laced up with new 2.15 by 18" rim and spokes. They told me the offset should be 3 11/16", my bike is a 1987 xr 600r. I measured the offset on the rim that was on there and I'm getting 3 11/32". I was like now what, I'm getting a different measurement then what they told me?? So I put rim on bike and measured where it runs in the swingarm and it was dead center, so are bikes rear wheel suppose to be offset to the right more for a balance issue or what???

If anyone could give me information on their offset or factory specs that would be great!! Couldn't find anything in my service manual on rear wheel offset.

Or you could buy a factory rear wheel from one of the later drum brake years, which will come with a 2.15x18" rim.

Or you could buy a factory rear wheel from one of the later drum brake years, which will come with a 2.15x18" rim.

Nothing out there at a reasonable price in new condition. I dont want a used beat up rim again.