Sign in to follow this  

Bleed Showa forks

So I have a 2010 crf250r with Showa forks and ebr suspension, to bleed the valves on the forks is it the the screw at the top? What about the other two screws?

Im confused.  There is a screw in the center and one off to the side.  The one in the middle is the adjuster and the other is the one that lets air out of the fork.

So I have a 2010 crf250r with Showa forks and ebr suspension, to bleed the valves on the forks is it the the screw at the top? What about the other two screws?

What does your manual say?

The newer style Showa forks have 2 bleedscrews. One is for the outa chamber as you know it from every other bike.

Additionally there is a second screw. This one is for bleeding the ICS chamber which is a closed unit like on kyb forks.

You should bleed BOTH!

So bleed both of the screws? The one on top and bottom? I can take a picture, I don't have a manual that's why I'm asking

The newer style Showa forks have 2 bleedscrews. One is for the outa chamber as you know it from every other bike.

Additionally there is a second screw. This one is for bleeding the ICS chamber which is a closed unit like on kyb forks.

You should bleed BOTH!

This. 100%. You don't need the manual.

They mostly do know where it is but want to sell it separately...

Bleedscrew:

What would be the purpose of a second bleedscrew if you are not supposed to use it?! lol

Edited by Vietze