Sign in to follow this  

Keihin 38PWK - which one on which bike which year 2 use

Hey guys,

I want to swap my Mikuni for a Keihin 38PWK soon, but....been looking around and there are those different models.

With powerjet, without powerjet, with TPS, without TPS, and I readed that there were some lenght differences between the model also... :thinking:

The one which was on my 99 KX250 (98 engine without TPS) had the screw cap and power jet...but which one should I look for to mount on my '04 CR250.

Maybe a list of bikes were the best suitable ones are on...?

The search button will help you in the future.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/879109-pwk-conversion-infomation/?view=findpost&p=10633563&hl=%2Bpwk+%2Bconversion+%2Binformation

I vote to move this as a sticky at the top of the page.   When I joined TT in 06 Skipn8r was the moderator & haven't seen him on this sight for a few years.  Who would be the person to do it now ?     

The search button will help you in the future.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/879109-pwk-conversion-infomation/?view=findpost&p=10633563&hl=%2Bpwk+%2Bconversion+%2Binformation

I vote to move this as a sticky at the top of the page. When I joined TT in 06 Skipn8r was the moderator & haven't seen him on this sight for a few years. Who would be the person to do it now ?

Thnx again H4L,

That was the info I was looking for.

I'm measuring my servo motor right now ;)

Hey guys,

I want to swap my Mikuni for a Keihin 38PWK soon, but....been looking around and there are those different models.

With powerjet, without powerjet, with TPS, without TPS, and I readed that there were some lenght differences between the model also... :thinking:

The one which was on my 99 KX250 (98 engine without TPS) had the screw cap and power jet...but which one should I look for to mount on my '04 CR250.

Maybe a list of bikes were the best suitable ones are on...?

The best carb for the 04-07 CR250 is a short body PWK with TPS. The most readily available short body carb w/ TPS is the '00-up YZ250 carb.

• Like 1

Somene needs to make that thread a sticky or make a comprehensive guide regarding every single carb.

Theres enough people on here who have owned/own various year late model 2-strokes in addition to their 4-strokes so getting the information summarized shouldnt take that long, IMO.

• Like 1