Sign in to follow this  

Last weekend of summer?

I was out grooming the track this morning and thought about how lucky of a guy I am. I get to ride my dirt bike today with my brother, son and nephew. We ride almost every weekend, but with this weekend being a holiday it makes it a little more fun.

To all of us "lucky guys" who get to ride dirt bikes today instead of dealing with the heavy issues in the world be thankful!

I hope everyone has a great holiday and a safe ride!! :)

• Like 3

Just loaded up the trailer, just finished getting heavy rains all night and my 11 year old and myself are off to do some muddy trail riding, then sun or Monday were heading to the track for some more fun before school starts

• Like 1

too hot,no friends,and waiting for parts. :(

Bummer, well if you find your way up to Michigan look me up!

• Like 1

too hot,no friends,and waiting for parts. :(

Awww, I be your fwiend..  we're riding Red River tomorrow morning if you get parts today!!  But you'll have to descend from on high southward to the level of the commoners in Texas..

Also we ride Cross Bar Ranch now and again, I wanna hit that place in the next few weeks. 

Had a great ride yesterday, wasn't as muddy as I was hoping for but the trails in the

Northumberland County forest were in great shape with no dust and tons of traction for some high speed fun

We went to a little sand pit as my son is still learning to ride in deep sand and had some fun

And after 6 hours we returned home in one piece with no damage lol

Very proud of my 11 year olds confidence and riding abilities and ability to make good judgments on the fly

He ditched me and our plans to ride the track today to ride with his friends at there track lol

Here's a small video of him playing in the deep wet sand

This is his first time trail riding on his new to him CR85

He came off a crf100 so he's learning how to deal with the two strokes characteristics still

• Like 1

Went riding with my wife and son yesterday! Doing a trackday tomorrow!! Woohoo!

Sounds like you got a sweet gig, Poldies!!!

• Like 1

Also too hot and humid here.

Waiting for fall. I love riding when its cool out, the leaves are falling and the squirrels need killing. Lol

• Like 1

Also too hot and humid here.

Waiting for fall. I love riding when its cool out, the leaves are falling and the squirrels need killing. Lol

Me too. Late August and early September look like fall, but feel like summer. We have a lot of black walnut trees and they start losing their leaves about now. They're about 50% dropped already. Weird to see brown leaves on the ground and have the thermometer read 92. Good news tomorrow it's supposed to be 70 here. Not sure how far south you are, I'm close to the Michigan/Indiana border.

Laid up since June 22 and still can't ride. Jonesing soo bad. Rode my street bike a little yesterday and came home hurting. The dirt bike will have to wait.

Hope you heal up soon! Edited by poldies4

Wow, today was not the kind of day I was thinking. I did alright but seeing a fellow racer get air lifted out of the track sucks. I guess he had a sesure while he was riding. I saw the crash. Over jumped a step up into a corned and jumped the burm and landed 10 feet below. I havent heard about the injuries yet.

I will have to say though, its interesting going into the first corner with 31 other fearless kids along side of you. Lol. It was packed today.

Hopefully you all had a safe and fun weekend.

Wow, today was not the kind of day I was thinking. I did alright but seeing a fellow racer get air lifted out of the track sucks. I guess he had a sesure while he was riding. I saw the crash. Over jumped a step up into a corned and jumped the burm and landed 10 feet below. I havent heard about the injuries yet. I will have to say though, its interesting going into the first corner with 31 other fearless kids along side of you. Lol. It was packed today.Hopefully you all had a safe and fun weekend.

Sorry to hear about the injured rider, hope he's ok. 31 bikes seems like a lot more than what's typically in your videos. Looking forward to some vids.

Sorry to hear about the injured rider, hope he's ok. 31 bikes seems like a lot more than what's typically in your videos. Looking forward to some vids.

Ya. It was a NEMA (New england moto asso) race combined with MMS (maine moto) the youth c and youth b had a combined total of 48 riders. All on the track at the same time. It was hell. I got 23rd I beleive. I didnt go down and was pretty happy with the results considering there are tons of sandbaggers in NEMA. Gopro will b on tomorrow.

Me too. Late August and early September look like fall, but feel like summer. We have a lot of black walnut trees and they start losing their leaves about now. They're about 50% dropped already. Weird to see brown leaves on the ground and have the thermometer read 92. Good news tomorrow it's supposed to be 70 here. Not sure how far south you are, I'm close to the Michigan/Indiana border.

South of Richmond Ind. Next to Ohio border.

• Like 1

GREAT NEWS! I just found out the kid is okay. Only a bad cut on his face and a concussion. I've got to say though, the staff here at Hemond's did an outstanding job. Within 10 minutes of the crash. He was already off the track and the heli was already landed. I couldn't believe how quickly they were able to get the whole situation taken care of. He was on the lowest part of the track, furthest from the fileld. Here is the jump he did it on, this was a friend of mine who did the same exact thing, but just not nearly as bad. The burm was build up a lot higher as well. It's a scary jump to say the least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93qutzAgs0U

• Like 1