Any and all tips for a noob

I've been riding atvs around the farm since forever and have had some experience with dirt bikes riding my ttr230 around the farm. I just recently upsized to a crf450r 02 model. About to start getting into trail riding and possibly some racing. basically I'm open for any and all tips about the bike, but more specifically riding as I haven't had much experience and none in the woods or on trails. Thanks

Take your time and devolp your woods and singletrack skills....and remeber that 450 is only as fast as your right hand.

Prepare for more power, faster and higher reving engine, better suspension and an overall great time. Take it easy for the first few hours you on your bike. Take your speed in steps, you don't have to kill it on your first ride.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks and will do. Broke my ankle a couple weeks ago but I'm plannin on going ridding as soon as I get this cast off.

Thanks and will do. Broke my ankle a couple weeks ago but I'm plannin on going ridding as soon as I get this cast off.

Well, well trigger, you've got some time to love that new 450. Bike armour make nice upgrades and will burn up some time. Regular maintenance can be done...maybe some extra polishing? Oh and start working your forearms with some kinda squeezy thing...you'll thank me later. Push ups wouldn't be a bad thing. Don't push the healing time. You'll be extra pissed if you go out and hurt it again. Good time to learn the bike.

Well, well trigger, you've got some time to love that new 450. Bike armour make nice upgrades and will burn up some time. Regular maintenance can be done...maybe some extra polishing? Oh and start working your forearms with some kinda squeezy thing...you'll thank me later. Push ups wouldn't be a bad thing. Don't push the healing time. You'll be extra pissed if you go out and hurt it again. Good time to learn the bike.

Yeah I know what you mean already changed my oils and going to again after I ride a little since the last owner had some pretty dirty oil in it. Man I'm already extra pissed to tell the truth haha. Thanks for the tips

Weight the outside peg on turns, learn balance, it's a mega key to riding. learn to stand as well, you will be faster in some sections while standing. but I do highly recommend trying to go as slow as possible, keeping the bike up without touching the ground. you won't believe how much this will help riding.

seat time!