Sign in to follow this  

$100 or less knee guards. Whats good and why?

I'm currently using the fly 5 point knew guard. Very comfortable. Doesn't restrict movement, and offers good protection. Ive had several rough get offs in them and they've held up great. The new leatts look nice as well. I'll probably try them next.

talking about knee guards, or knee braces? I have been using these for 2 years http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/10/23110/ITEM/Fox-Racing-Titan-Sport-Knee-Guards---2012.aspx bought them in 2008 for bmx. I don't know why you need an $80 pair that will do the same thing as these, these have saved my knees multi times, too bad they didn't keep my pants from getting ripped.

but for knee braces, I wouldn't go cheap.

I'm currently using the fly 5 point knew guard. Very comfortable. Doesn't restrict movement, and offers good protection. Ive had several rough get offs in them and they've held up great. The new leatts look nice as well. I'll probably try them next.

+1 Also using these Fly knee guards, got them when they were first released.  I do not even notice them when I am riding.  Good protection except sometimes the inner hinge rubs my knee, only happens on 1 leg though.

Thor force is what I have been using the last 3 years. They last about a year maybe year and a half but by then they are all ripped up. They do tend to slide down on me. I think there kind of a combaination between a knee guard and knee brace.

Well I looked up the fly knee guards you guys mentioned above and have a question for you. Is the knee cap protected by a inner hard shell liner or just that small piece on the out side of the knee cap?? It would help if some one would take a few pics of the back side of them as well.

I also looked up a bunch of other knee guards. I dont want any hard shell knee guards with just a single pivot. So as of now my search is narrowing. As of now I am liking the.... Fox titan pros,  Leatt dual axis as well as the padding wear the strap goes on your legs,  Thor Force,  Alpinestar bionic, Possible the Fly 5 pivot, and a few other soft ones. I also really like the looks of the EVS SC01 and SCO2 but they are a fair bit more money for knee guards.

Has one one seen or used the Shot Protector knee guards that I found in the link below???

http://www.24mx.com/motocross/p/shot-protector-knee-protection/14761/motocross-armour/k30/knee-guards/s198/

Well I looked up the fly knee guards you guys mentioned above and have a question for you. Is the knee cap protected by a inner hard shell liner or just that small piece on the out side of the knee cap?? It would help if some one would take a few pics of the back side of them as well.

I also looked up a bunch of other knee guards. I dont want any hard shell knee guards with just a single pivot. So as of now my search is narrowing. As of now I am liking the.... Fox titan pros, Leatt dual axis as well as the padding wear the strap goes on your legs, Thor Force, Alpinestar bionic, Possible the Fly 5 pivot, and a few other soft ones. I also really like the looks of the EVS SC01 and SCO2 but they are a fair bit more money for knee guards.

Has one one seen or used the Shot Protector knee guards that I found in the link below???

http://www.24mx.com/motocross/p/shot-protector-knee-protection/14761/motocross-armour/k30/knee-guards/s198/

The knew is completely protected. There is a "spandex" like material that is around the plastic knee cup. I'm pretty sure it allows the guard the flexibility to have the little bit of side to side flex.

Here's a YouTube video of them.

The knew is completely protected. There is a "spandex" like material that is around the plastic knee cup. I'm pretty sure it allows the guard the flexibility to have the little bit of side to side flex.

Here's a YouTube video of them.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0v8qiTD32L4

Thanks for the link as that helps. I like how the lower shin guard can pivot to fit each individual. To me that seems like it would help a lot in the fit of them.

Does any one ever have a problem with there riding pants getting pinched in the opening with these Fly knee guards??

Thanks for the link as that helps. I like how the lower shin guard can pivot to fit each individual. To me that seems like it would help a lot in the fit of them.

Does any one ever have a problem with there riding pants getting pinched in the opening with these Fly knee guards??

I've never had a problem with my pants getting pinched. Be careful the first few times you take your pants off with ten on until you get the hang of it though. I've heard some people have had a problem with the hinge catching on the lining of pants and ripping it. I've never had that problem though...

Well it looks like my list is getting smaller after this post and some more research. I am down to the Leatt, Fox, Thor, and the Fly. I will see what my local shops carry any hopefully try some on to see what fits and feels the best to me as we are all different shape and sizes so now its a personal thing. Thanks to all who have replied as it has been very helpfull. Zrt

If you get a chance to check out the leatt's please post up your impressions of them. I really like the looks of them.