Sign in to follow this  

Good source for motorcycle rumors?

I would like to know if there's a spot for hood rumors concerning what's on the horizon for the industry in terms of dualsports and dirt bikes...

I hear Honda is coming out with a CRF350L dualsport and that two-strokes are going to make a comeback... But I'd like to read articles or maybe blogs about this kind of stuff. Any good MC news outlets for rumors etc?

That is the thing, there are so many media outlets that used to be reputible and now are just start spouting rumors, thinking that they are going to be true in a moment. Lets take the latest issue of dirt rider, they even were saying that there is going to be a certain japanese company that is going to be releasing a red di smoker. What utter b.s. Honda is the most anti-two stroke company out of all the japanese. Mind you, the same magazine, on the last page ktm 250xc "long haul" test, they were confused why the bike didn't come with a spark arrestor installed. I figure that a dirt bike magazine's editor would at least know why ktm doesn't put spark arrestors on their two strokes. Dumbasses.

That is the thing, there are so many media outlets that used to be reputible and now are just start spouting rumors, thinking that they are going to be true in a moment. Lets take the latest issue of dirt rider, they even were saying that there is going to be a certain japanese company that is going to be releasing a red di smoker. What utter b.s. Honda is the most anti-two stroke company out of all the japanese. Mind you, the same magazine, on the last page ktm 250xc "long haul" test, they were confused why the bike didn't come with a spark arrestor installed. I figure that a dirt bike magazine's editor would at least know why ktm doesn't put spark arrestors on their two strokes. Dumbasses.

Well thats why their the editor of a dirt bike magazine!

well rumor is that suzuki, honda, kawasaki,yamaha,ktm are all going to merge together to make one kind of bike.   ktm engine, yamaha plastics, suzuki frame, honda suspension. and kawasaki exhaust

I think you may have the straight skinny on that, cuz i heard the same thing at Tractor Supply

I think you may have the straight skinny on that, cuz i heard the same thing at Tractor Supply

Isn't it a kymco?

I'm still waiting for that MUCH anticipated updated XRL that is styled after the KLR...  :lol:

This is my prediction, the next larger displacement dual sport bike will be a huge ADV styled machine. The DS market has switched to big machines for the street IMO. Like in the past you had some young fella driving a pimped out dual sport (when there were several models to choose from) and now you have some guy pushing 50 driving a 550 pound dry weight adventure touring bike that he thinks he can take everywhere. That's where the market is going, it's sad. People live at home until they are 30 now, so how can they afford to ride? lol

I had seen some posts in the past about the Chinese and Portuguese manufacturers making some interesting machines.

I would like to see the new XRL with a XR650R engine and maybe FI... but I am not complaining about my XRL now.