Cr250 clutch problems

So I just replaced the clutch on my 89 cr250 because the old one slipped like mad. So after I drained the oil I took out the old plates and springs and replaced the old clutch with a new ebc kit. I put 10w-40 wet clutch oil in and I noticed the clutch lever was very firm. I started the bike up and immediately after I shift into first the bike dies. I tried to adjust the clutch cable and it still stalls when I put it first. If I roll it down a hill and put it I'm first I can ride it and it won't slip but I can't seem to disengage the clutch at all. Any ideas? Like the clutch is always engaged it seems

So I just replaced the clutch on my 89 cr250 because the old one slipped like mad. So after I drained the oil I took out the old plates and springs and replaced the old clutch with a new ebc kit. I put 10w-40 wet clutch oil in and I noticed the clutch lever was very firm. I started the bike up and immediately after I shift into first the bike dies. I tried to adjust the clutch cable and it still stalls when I put it first. If I roll it down a hill and put it I'm first I can ride it and it won't slip but I can't seem to disengage the clutch at all. Any ideas? Like the clutch is always engaged it seems

Did you soak the plates in oil overnight?

Did you soak the plates in oil overnight?

Yeah

Yeah

If adjusting the cable can't fix it id check the basket for notching, did you replace the springs too?

Yeah I replaced the springs and they seemed a little too powerful. Should I loosen them up a little?

Yeah I replaced the springs and they seemed a little too powerful. Should I loosen them up a little?

I don't know how I would go about that, try getting a lever that would have less of a tough pull, I always get longer levers and move them more towards the inside of the bars to give me good leverage haha