Where to ride for free in eastern PA?

is there any place to ride for free in eastern PA?

only place I've found with lots of room is anthracite country!

only place I've found with lots of room is anthracite country!

where exactly is that? and what county is it in?

http://www.coalcountryriders.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=130d68d8cc2742167a817ad8a96b509b   Lots to see on here!  Although I live two hours from most of this stuff I can still tell you some of the places I go. Raush in Tower City does charge a ton of money to ride there, but locals seem to ride there like they always did and not pay.There are a lot of trails in places you don't have to pay! Get to Treverton now while it's still free and you won't believe it.

http://www.coalcountryriders.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=130d68d8cc2742167a817ad8a96b509b   Lots to see on here!  Although I live two hours from most of this stuff I can still tell you some of the places I go. Raush in Tower City does charge a ton of money to ride there, but locals seem to ride there like they always did and not pay.There are a lot of trails in places you don't have to pay! Get to Treverton now while it's still free and you won't believe it.

Treverton is not free and hasn't been for a few years. It is part of the reading anthracite land in which you need a permit for.

so then there is no where thats free to go to? what about near the power lines?

Edited by bigdaddykane93

Well, I had never been to Treverton until last year. The first time I went there the parking area was full of people riding all over the place and camping too.  There were people there from Maryland and Virginia!  Upon  asking them about police attention they said no one bothered  them there and they had no idea about permits, fees, ect. Same thing this spring.

Hey Big Daddy, I sent you a PM.