Sign in to follow this  

81' 250r exhaust valve

Bought this bike off my neighbor for $50. It did not start, and he said it needed valve adjustment. So i got the valve specs and adjusted the intake to spec. But when i tried to adjust the exhuast valves, i had to turn the adjuster screw out to the point where the arm itself was touching the valve, before the screw got loose. And i still can't get my feeler gauge in. Any idea on what the problem is? Thanks for any help!!!

Bought this bike off my neighbor for $50. It did not start, and he said it needed valve adjustment. So i got the valve specs and adjusted the intake to spec. But when i tried to adjust the exhuast valves, i had to turn the adjuster screw out to the point where the arm itself was touching the valve, before the screw got loose. And i still can't get my feeler gauge in. Any idea on what the problem is? Thanks for any help!!!

I would double check that you have it on the TDC, not the exhaust stroke. Other than that I would guess you will be pulling the head. In order for the stem to be up that high either the valve is stretched/cracked or maybe something went wonky with the seat......