Sign in to follow this  

sigh...remember me? sigh...

yea, nothing constructive. made a mistake selling my crf250L and now want one back. sigh. keeping an eye out on CL, ebay & cycletrader.com. would like to find a used one that has some of the mods already done (gee, maybe like the one i sold :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: ).

nice to see people still enjoying their CRF. if i do buy one looks like that big bore kit is a must...

ok going to go back and keep searching. :smashpc:  :smashpc:  :smashpc:

:cry:

• Like 6

yea, nothing constructive. made a mistake selling my crf250L and now want one back. sigh. keeping an eye out on CL, ebay & cycletrader.com. would like to find a used one that has some of the mods already done (gee, maybe like the one i sold :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: ).

nice to see people still enjoying their CRF. if i do buy one looks like that big bore kit is a must...

ok going to go back and keep searching. :smashpc:  :smashpc:  :smashpc:

:cry:

Get a bike ASAP. Things are just starting to heat up around here.

• Like 1

New ones are hard to come by --Ask the person you sold your to if he might want something bigger--you never know?? NO one keeps toys forever anymore--Good luck tho :thumbsup::ride:

Edited by USMCVietVet
  • Like 1

well a funny story ... so i sold my CRF250 to the first person who came out to look at it, let's say his name is "Sam". Sam was an older gentleman, easily in his 60's. He bought the bike so he could do some trail riding with a friend of his (who was EASILY into his 70's).

about 3 weeks after the sale, I get a call from a number out of "North Los Angeles" (I live in the NorCal area). I let the call go to voice mail, when played back it goes something like this:  "Hi, my name is <something>; I bought the CRF you sold Sam and had a couple of questions, he gave me your number".  So I call the guy back because I'm interested to hear how this happened. Turns out after buying my bike, Sam kept it for 2 weeks, rode it all of 200 miles, then decided he needed a bigger bike for being on the highway... and sold the bike for $600 LESS than what he paid me for it... $600 LESS in just 2 weeks.  i was stunned, if i had known he had it for sale i would have bought it back for sure.

i've seen two used ones listed, one in ohio that has some nice mods done to it. there are literally no used ones for sale in CA. i'm tempted on the one in ohio (it was on ebay) shipping will cost around $500.

I say just buy new and start over .... your experience and all the knowledge around here will help you build a better bike than you had before !!! 

The hottest selling dual-sport is back in stock at Hollister Honda! ...  :thumbsup: 

http://goo.gl/mXqcy8 

Here is where I found that one .... 

http://goo.gl/npj8SL

Good Luck ...  :ride:

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 2

@gnath9 .. the ebay one is the bike I saw as well. I'm out in CA and am weighing risk v reward. from pictures its obvious he swaped the pipe but can't tell to which Q4 or ? and the rear rack isn't the one i'd put on, but that's still about $100. doesn't appear from the pictures to have any other mods. only 1250 miles but the big question is, how do you know it hasn't been downed? or do you *gulp* trust that it is for sale through a dealer and not private party? i know when i was talking to my local honda dealer about used bikes that they actually charged an inspection fee on all trade ins (of course if you bought a bike the fee was waived) to ensure the bike was in good mechincal condition, etc.  i don't know maybe i'm talking myself into this ... none of you are near youngstown OH are you? (mildly kidding of course) :ride:

Have you tried www.searchtempest.com  to search craig's list??Might find one closer?? Happy hunting :ride: :ride:

• Like 1

@USMC ...nope, never heard of it so thank you! just tried it and actually showed one that I saw on craigslist, in NV but the guy (consigned at a dealer) is asking $5800 (lol)

http://reno.craigslist.org/mcy/4016594155.html

i'd be willing to drive there for $4k, no f'ing way i'm going to pay $5.8K ... if one thing we should all know is, when you do an upgrade on a bike, that money is GONE. you are not going to get it back on resale...

• Like 2

Your welcome keep trying it new stuff is listed all the time and it will search e-bay also if you want it to! Make them a cash offer and tell them how far away and serious you are! Good luck--i paid $5050 out the door-for my 14-no sales tax in Oregon BTW only one the dealer was going to get too

Edited by USMCVietVet

ok, i know where i'm at (CRF250L) but i'm going to ask for input anyway... there are a few KLX250S in the area that can be had for a good deal. for example http://chico.craigslist.org/mcy/3942228461.html

i know right off the bat, FI vs carb (blech) and i personally believe FI is all around a better choice (not trying to debate or tell anyone you are STOOPID if you don't think like me)... so besides the difference between FI/Carb, what are the thoughts on  KLX? i know they've been around forever and like a WR250R they have a huge aftermarket support (incluing 300 bore kits, bigger tanks, etc).  i've seen some reviews and comparions head up with the CRF and they are very similar priced (even new).

so, better off waiting for a CRF? nuts for even thinking of going to a carb bike (by the way, wtf Kawa even the 2014 models still not FI, let's get with the times...).

bob80 (my husband) drove a klx one day. Him and his buddy switched. Bob said the klx was only a tiny bit better on the trail compared to the crf. The crf blew the klx away on the street. Buddy didn't want to trade back lol He said the crf is so much smoother. He didn't hate the klx but I don't think he would of been as happy with it

• Like 2

I almost bought a klx250 with 12 miles on it for $4000...  but i went with the crf250 instead...  i was just mortified about the starting issues of the klx...  then add in the weak rear frame, and i really don't like the antifreeze bottle behind the number plate... i guess that doesn't really matter, but it bothers me for some reason... other then that, i like red more then green... lol  

question, why did you sell her in the first place? not what you thought she was going to be? sorry if this has been answered already...

• Like 1

@eyeophenher sold it because i also had an XT250 at the time, and made some $$ on the CRF sell. then found a buyer for the XT about 2 weeks later :banghead: :banghead:

so breaking news... i have a line on one. its a 2013 with all the mods (except bore kit and EJK). 7k miles. what's the catch? its about 300 miles away. good news is, i have a great friend who lives near the seller and this is turning in to a cannon ball run/weekend trip to see a buddy i haven't seen in too long! this CRF has about  7k miles on it, pictures look good. will be talking to owner soon. if it all lines up i'll make the drive. his CRF has more done to it then mine did, so in a funny way, other than the mileage, i'm actually 'uprading' my CRF only it literally didn't cost me anything (other than gas to drive).

other than the first dealer service, is there anything at 7k miles anyone would look for in terms of wear/tear?

lastly, a shout out and thank you to USMCVietVet who was kind enough to PM me, just didn't quite work out in terms of a deal I could make. However goes to show the CRF community here is one hell of a group.

• Like 3

The only thing I would be worried about is the clutch and making sure the brakes work and obviously check the frame over.

Now go buy that bike and get a big bore kit while you're at it. :)

• Like 2