Dual sport rear tire

Hey guys I can't decide which tire to buy. The Dunlop 606 or Kenda trakmaster 2. I would like hear your guys past experiences with either of these tires. An I'm also curious if a 110/100-r18 size rear tire would look narrow compared to a 130/90-r18.

Thanks.

110/100 will run a little smaller in width and be real close in height. Dunlop is a good all around tire, the kenda will work best in soft soil and wear out quicker. Dunlop best with harder soil and a higher.percatage of pavement.

• Like 1

We need to know XR250 or XR400.

On my XR400

I've run a Kenda Trackmaster 2 760  rear  120/100-18.   Great mostly dirt, some street tire.

Paired with a Pirelli MT18 (now XCMH), it was a great combo.

Never used a Dunlop, but if I was doing a lot of street riding, I would go with the 606.

I have a set of Shinko 244's to be mounted.   These are more dirt than street.

Pirelli MT43.   I have one on my XR400 now.   If you  ride lots of hard pack, this might be a good tire for you.  It is made to grip hard surfaces.  If you like to spin the rear wheel, this is the wrong tire.

Photos of these tires along with size information is in the Shinko 244 thread.

Due to the low price I put the trakmasters on front and back of my KTM and they are holding up very well. I ride 98% off road, Not sure how they would hold up to heavy road use. So far I am very pleased and think the are a good bang for the buck. If price were no object I'm sure there are better but for the money I like them.

It's not DOT, but I use the Maxxis Maxcross IT rear tire.  It's a fairly hard compound, so it wears really well for a knobby.  My bike has a plate, but they don't check stuff very closely here.  I guess if you were a total jerk to the cops or something...  they might say something, but other than that, no problem.  I ride 75% off road, and it works great. 

2007_Maxxis_MaxxCross-IT_M7305_Rear_Tire

Edited by n2omike

I just put the Kenda 761 on my XR4. It rides really smooth going down the road. I ride mostly pavement but I took it for a spin on some gravel today just to see how it would handle and I can tell it isn't a knobby but it is still pretty easy to control.