Sign in to follow this  

how to mount different plastics to xr650r

i cant find any info on this. i want to mount crf plastics to my stock tank is there a good way to maybe drill into the tank or a different way to mount them? any help would be awesome thanks.

Not going to happen unless you put your XR 650 motor and stuff it in a CRF frame.  You should be able to bolt up the front fender without much issue though.

I saw a thread with one guy who looks like he mounted it to stock tank he mentioned the only thing not stock on the xr was the plastics he never replied to my pm I know they make aftermarket tanks for the xr that use the crf shrouds but there 400 bucks

I think you'd have better luck with the new YZ shrouds. They look like modernized 650 shrouds. But don't take my word for it, I've never tried it.

Hi guys, I have an 05' L and have been looking at the A-Loop for some time.

Mastera210, could you elaborate on the mounting of the CRF palstics?

I think the CRF stuff not only looks great, but would offer more options re: graphics and replacement parts...

Looking foward the see any details your willing to share. 

I think the CRF stuff not only looks great, but would offer more options re: graphics and replacement parts...

Problem with ALoop is 2 gal tank and STILL have old side panels. My setup has CRF250X fenders has cool led tail light! The tank side panels are from a CRF230L tank is 3 gal. NOT a bolt on have to weld new mounts and do LOTS of plastic welding to merge the 230 seat base to 650 base and mold foam make custom cover. BUT looks great well I think!

Here is set of pics to show what I have done so far bought bike for 2500 have about 8000 so far and not done

CAM00114.jpg

CAM00115.jpg

CAM00116.jpg

CAM00117.jpg

fender3.jpeg