2005 crf250x won't run

I just bought a crf 250x and I can't seem to figure out what is wrong with it and it won't electric start or kick over. I checked battery I checked the spark both perfect I checked the carb it was clean I checked the valves they where a little of but not much. It still won't start I have no clue I am totally lost and need some help anyone please

My brother's had the same problem. If everything is turning over fine, then you need to check the valves. That was his issue. His valves were shot and we replaced them. After we put in and adjusted the new ones, it started fine. 

Edited by D-rek07

Bad gas? Serious clogged air filter?  I left a paper towel in the air intake while I was cleaning the air filter and forgot to take it out.... Oops.  Wouldn't run.  Otherwise, I would be back to things you said you checked.

You checked the carb, but clean the carb. Still no good, then I would sadly say it's likely your valves.  My 05 ended up hanging one of the intakes open and I would crank and crank and crank but it would never fire.  New valves and seats. Unfortunately, I've heard others with this vintage also have valve issues.

Good Luck, I love my X.

If it backfiring every now and then it could be an electrics issue ie kill switch wire or something?? Have a look!

Otherwise have a play with your fuel screw and idle screw after rebuilding the carby, I had similar issues!

Ha, yea, I had my kill switch go bad.  I thought it was my valvles (again). Someone smarter than me put a meter on it. Like an $11 fix.

...But I think he said he has spark.