Sign in to follow this  

GoPro Mounting

Best bid I've seen is I believe, Hawaii riders, mounted to chin of helmet.closest to actual view of rider.

Too much vibration on vids if mounted to the bike. Also chest mounts you always hear the thing slapping the chest protector and its always swinging.

Top helmet mounts are OK but most get covered in mud.

I've always wanted to see someone mount it behind plexiglass inside the headlight area. Just to compare vids.

Sad to say but I watch a lot of YouTube vids when I'm bored.

Best bid I've seen is I believe, Hawaii riders, mounted to chin of helmet.closest to actual view of rider.

Too much vibration on vids if mounted to the bike. Also chest mounts you always hear the thing slapping the chest protector and its always swinging.

Top helmet mounts are OK but most get covered in mud.

I've always wanted to see someone mount it behind plexiglass inside the headlight area. Just to compare vids.

Sad to say but I watch a lot of YouTube vids when I'm bored.

Would have never known lmao.... nah but seriously youtube mode sux lol

i used a pile of different mounting positions in this vid but one of my favorites is boot cam at the 10 sec mark.

it's just a flattened bit of alloy pipe with a gopro mount stuck to it, then slide it down the side of the boot. can easily pull it out and do hand held filming too.

• Like 2

i used a pile of different mounting positions in this vid but one of my favorites is boot cam at the 10 sec mark.

it's just a flattened bit of alloy pipe with a gopro mount stuck to it, then slide it down the side of the boot. can easily pull it out and do hand held filming too.

Pretty decent vid. I've seen it. Edited by ridngslikecrack

Never mounted it to the bike, but I sometimes run 2 GoPros on my helmet, one facing forward and another facing backward.

I am not a big fan of the chest mount view, seems too low. Seems to me the top of the helmet is still the best spot, less vibration and good overall view, however the downside is it gets dirty. I just give it a wide every once in a while to make sure its still filming video instead of just a dusty lens.

On a quadcopter. :smirk:

DSC_3164_-L.jpg

DSC_3792_-L.jpg

Now that's talent!

Flying a quadcopter and riding same time! My hats off to that!

not exactly a go pro mount but .................... :lol:

1001091_367421913361431_1411568613_n.jpg

1176188_372400942863528_76243868_n.jpg

• Like 4

GoPro chest mounting can be very good if setup properly and pretty bad if not.

The most common mistake seems to be angling the camera too low, creating almost unwatchable footage of the gas tank and the ground. Also, I've found mounting higher on the chest works better.

Here's a comparision between a properly set up chestprotector-mounted GoPro vs. the traditional GoPro helmet mount. The chest protector mount (MotoFlakMount) can provide great footage while up on the pegs or sitting. It also securely mounts to most chest protectors so it won't flop around (like mentioned above) and it doesn't sqeeze you when you're riding.

I like to chest mount mine...especially for Winter riding(easier to wipe lens periodically). Helmet top & side. Last summer I saw a video with a GoPro mounted to the rider's left boot(very unique POV). Helmet mounts are smooth & easier to watch, but a solid chest mount is good for seeing how much work tough terrain can be.

Thing is I don't always want to get just what's in front of me - sometimes i'm interested in getting video of something off to the side (like a bear next to the trail).  That's why I like the helmet mount.