Rekluse clutch removal

Hey guys I have an '09 450 exc and the guy I bought it off put in a rekluse. The thing is causing me Grief and I want it out. I want to learn to have better manual clutch control before using the auto.

. Is it easy to remove? Any good tips , I've never taken apart a clutch before but comfortable to try. Any help would be great thanks.

Thank you! most rekluse guys say that the clutch is a god send, Im glad you see that you need to learn the clutch first and then put it! 

Do you know what clutch it is? If its just the EXP, just put the missing clutch plates back in (good time to redo the clutch) if its the Core EXP you might need a new clutch basket. Im not sure if the Rekluse is deeper than the stock or not. If its the Z start you will need a new pressure plate and new clutch plates I belive.

What greif is it giving you?

Hey guys I have an '09 450 exc and the guy I bought it off put in a rekluse. The thing is causing me Grief and I want it out. I want to learn to have better manual clutch control before using the auto.

. Is it easy to remove? Any good tips , I've never taken apart a clutch before but comfortable to try. Any help would be great thanks.

Another option for you is to leave it in and use the clutch like normal, using the Rekluse as purely an anti-stall device.

I have the Core EXP in my 350 and it is brilliant. I still clutch most of the time, but in situations where I am exhausted or make a mistake the bike wont stall. Clutch feel and control on mine is completely normal, I did practice alot of clutch control techniques shortly before geting the Rekluse like slow riding, front wheel skid etc and I can still do the same with the Rekluse, the anti-stall just makes it alot easier

I have the z-start pro.  Im pretty sure I have all the stock parts to go back in.   are there any parts like gaskets that i will need to get new or can i reuse the gasket on there.  I 'm finding im getting lots of slippage and excessive heat.  I really dont think it was installed properly to start with.  Im also getting hard starts with the bike it seems after im out riding for awhile, starts fine cold.  not sure if the auto clutch has anything to with this or not.  Also finding neutral is virtually impossible.  I also am checking my valves ....potentially too tight to help correct my starting issue. 

i've had the bike for about 5 hrs of the 40hrs on it, trying to work out the bugs before racing it. 

i definitely see the auto clutch as a benefit especially climbing big hill and tight singletrack, but i want to start fresh with this bike and make sure i'm not running an improperly installed auto.

thanks for the help/

Edited by kadrz

Get an outer cover gasket. <$10 will save on yelling and screaming if the one on there tears. Before taking everything apart, check the gap with the feeler wires (if you have them). This will determine if the frictions are worn too much, and if you will need a set to bring it back to OEM new. 

Be careful when taking the Z-start out. there are 27 ball bearings that will want to fall into the engine if they get loose. Also, the 10 small torx screws are small enough to slip out of oily fingers.