Sign in to follow this  

Woods/ MX aftermarket suspension?

I just got a 13 kx450 I'm not worried about being fast anymore (34y.o.) but I like to do the local night cross series in the b class I was always a motocrosser just went to the woods to play but I'm thinking about doing that some next year and doing a few harescrambles my question is is there a good suspension company that can give me a suspension set up that will work fairly good in. Both worlds just buy using the clickers I always used factory connection before thanks for any help

I just got a 13 kx450 I'm not worried about being fast anymore (34y.o.) but I like to do the local night cross series in the b class I was always a motocrosser just went to the woods to play but I'm thinking about doing that some next year and doing a few harescrambles my question is is there a good suspension company that can give me a suspension set up that will work fairly good in. Both worlds just buy using the clickers I always used factory connection before thanks for any help

If you were happy with FC, why wouldn't you call them and have a talk?  

Before I go to a company about there product I like to ask people with first hand experience how the product was they did a good job with MX suspension but I've never seen anyone around here with it on there woods bike I was hoping to find a company that knows both aspects of riding very well it may be f.c.

If you aren't worried about being fast anymore then definitely take your time and figure out all the options. If I were you I would not send it to FC....I would try to get some advice from guys on here and dabble a bit yourself to see what you want.

Are you going for 80% moto 20% scrambles? Half and half? I know a guy that has the same bike and same age in the same situation and is just experimenting with clickers and air pressure. I fear that if you send it to FC you are gonna get a really soft setup if you tell them no fast and offroad.

If you aren't worried about being fast anymore then definitely take your time and figure out all the options. If I were you I would not send it to FC....I would try to get some advice from guys on here and dabble a bit yourself to see what you want.

Are you going for 80% moto 20% scrambles? Half and half? I know a guy that has the same bike and same age in the same situation and is just experimenting with clickers and air pressure. I fear that if you send it to FC you are gonna get a really soft setup if you tell them no fast and offroad.

I'm hoping to do more moto than offroad but the older and more responsibilities I'm guessing 50/50 def.gonna take my time with this I love the forks on moto but the shock really needs some help its like a pogo stick its better playing with the clickers but still not good

Definitely talk to Dave from Smart Performance. He did my KX450s and the shocks were not very good stock. I loved them after they were valved correctly....and like I said Waseman from SRS is fantastic on the east coast as far as installing it and helping get it dialed.

It is hard to get a suspension good for both MX and HS. It's even harder for a slower rider to have the best of both worlds because they typically never land or ride good on the MX tracks. Where are you in PA? My tuner is in Butler and has set-up my prior bike's suspension very nice for the woods, no MX I'm too old. If you call ahead you can stop in and leave a couple of hours later with your stuff. PM me for his info and you can talk to him on what you're looking for.