Sign in to follow this  

SDG Seats for 2013?

Is SDG still making complete seats?  I want to try a tall seat for my 2013, but would like to be able to buy a complete seat and compare with the stock height back to back.  Anyone one know any companies with tall seats for the 2013 KX250F?

im positive they do, their site is just.. terrible and outdated, sdgusa.com.  I got jeff@sdg to make me a custom cut seat last year I think, or late season before fo rmy 09 kx250f and I love it.

Give them a call, it's how I had to get incontact with them but they were a huge help once I got a hold of them and great to deal with!

Thanks for the help.  Got a hold of Jeff and should have a custom seat from SDG in a couple weeks.  He said the production model for the 13 Kawis was probably at least 90 days out.

Yea, I called for a 13 seat also and he todl me they were delayed in making the mold, ktm screwed them over by changing specs a few time halfway through the process pushing everythgin else back :/

Enjoy, I love mine!

Thanks for the help.  Got a hold of Jeff and should have a custom seat from SDG in a couple weeks.  He said the production model for the 13 Kawis was probably at least 90 days out.

Did you ever do a seat on your 2013 kx?

emailed Jeff at SDG last night about the 2013 KX250f Tall seat
"Revising tooling now and will be back in stock in about 60 days" From Jeff at SDG

GUTS has tall foam and cover but no base

Have you had a GUTs racing seat foam before? if so what firmness did you get in the tall seat?

I see that Factory Effex has replacement Tall Seat foam as well, Anyone tried those?

GUTS tall foam medium density[approx. 20mm.taller than stock] is the way to go.the firm is like a board.different types of covers,i went with the ribbed one and couln"nt be happier.do it your self or send it to them ,they don"t charge to put foam and cover on.turn around time is very reasonable.

GUTS tall foam medium density[approx. 20mm.taller than stock] is the way to go.the firm is like a board.different types of covers,i went with the ribbed one and couln"nt be happier.do it your self or send it to them ,they don"t charge to put foam and cover on.turn around time is very reasonable.

Sounds just like what I need actually. Did you order straight from Guts or through a retailer?

Did you ever do a seat on your 2013 kx?

Sorry, I haven't been on TT in a while.  I've had my custom SDG seat for a while and love it.  I don't remember the exact turn around time since it's been a while, but it wasn't long.  I sent him my seat, and got the "Dean Wilson" spec foam and a custom pleated cover.  Service was great and the seat has performed outstanding.  It's slightly taller than a stocker (not as high as what most "tall seats" are with a more firm foam.  Really happy that I reached out to SDG direct on that one.