Sign in to follow this  

why this fuel?

I bought a 2011 rmz 450 off an am pro rider, it was his practice bike. They told me he runs vp pro6 fuel. Now I'm confused cause I know that thing had some compression and thus fuel is inly 87 octane. Why would they run this?

The reason I ask is cause I'm running vp blue half and half with pump 93. Wondering if I'm hurting the motor or losing allot of performance since it was dyno tuned by fmf with pro6.

Even if it does have a hi-comp piston, if the cams have a lot of duration, it will result in a lower actual compression and therefore make the most power with a lower octane fuel.

Ok makes sense well the fuel I have probably isn't going to hurt it but won't be optimal for the power right? Or should I suck it up and get pro6 or mr12?

Ok makes sense well the fuel I have probably isn't going to hurt it but won't be optimal for the power right? Or should I suck it up and get pro6 or mr12?

Pump premium will not hurt anything. Worse case is you are down .01% in power. Better too high an octane than too low.