Sign in to follow this  

Help with some gas mixture math, please!

Okay, so Im helping a friend mix 32:1 gas. I mix this a lot for my bike, and I know its 16 OZ of oil per 4 gallons of gas. I'm trying to figure out what that number would be per 1 gallon.

Some math says if you divide that in half, it would be 8 oz oil per 2 gal gas.

Divide that and you get 4 oz oil per 1 gal of gas.

Can someone just verify this number real quick?

Thanks.

Edited by lethalweapon100

Remember when you told your mom," why do I have to study this stuff, I'll never use it in real life...."

• Like 6

Remember when you told your mom," why do I have to study this stuff, I'll never use it in real life...."

I damn near failed algebra...I've got to take geometry next year. Groan...I'm a better mechanic than mathematician.

I damn near failed algebra...I've got to take geometry next year. Groan...I'm a better mechanic than mathematician.

you should understand the numbers in the mix. One gallon is 128 ounces. 32:1 has 32 times more gas than oil. So, 128/32=4 ounces per gallon (32:1). 128/50=2.54 ounces per gallon (50:1).

• Like 5

Wow lot easier in the uk

32ml to 1 litre of fuel.

Just X 32 by how many litres u have and BOOM!!

Good job shrub..... Getting the right mix is important, but knowing how to get there is better....

You can't be a good mechanic without math,Chemistry and physics,study up!

Without those three you will only be an average mechanic.

• Like 1

Go buy a ratio rite cup

x2 almost completely takes the brain power out of mixing! Even though I don't have a two stroke at the time being, the ratio rite always finds a use. Measuring engine oil, measuring fork oil and pretty much any other sort of fluid that needs measuring in a dirt bike.

Edited by screnshaw400

new math

if train leaves the station and is traveling 50mph and the next stop is 50 miles away.......  does it leave a carbon footprint and do the flowers next to the track get their feelings hurt from all the noise?

there is no wrong answer, that would be judgemental

Edited by highmarker
  • Like 2

new math

if train leaves the station and is traveling 50mph and the next stop is 50 miles away.......  does it leave a carbon footprint and do the flowers next to the track get their feelings hurt from all the noise?

there is no wrong answer, that would be judgemental

No the flowers would get their feelings hurt when the railroad company came along and sprayed pramitol along the tracks to kill all the vegetation.

Wow lot easier in the uk

32ml to 1 litre of fuel.

Just X 32 by how many litres u have and BOOM!!

Yup, Metric makes the world a lot easier.

Not that the original post was hard math....