Sign in to follow this  

Help with some gas mixture math, please!

For all the guys saying to get 32:1 in metric you simply multiply by 32... Technically that gives you 31:1 FYI

Okay, so Im helping a friend mix 32:1 gas. I mix this a lot for my bike, and I know its 16 OZ of oil per 4 gallons of gas. I'm trying to figure out what that number would be per 1 gallon. Some math says if you divide that in half, it would be 8 oz oil per 2 gal gas. Divide that and you get 4 oz oil per 1 gal of gas. Can someone just verify this number real quick? Thanks.

Dude,,,,, Like, if an ounce of sinsee makes 16 doobies, how many doobies in a quarter?????   Ha!  What was the question?

west marine has a container like this

maxquick2mix.jpg

better than the ratio write cup because even  with  the optional lid the RR cup drips  and my last 3 RR cups cracked 

this style also has better mix ratios marked

Edited by Zimman

Wow lot easier in the uk

32ml to 1 litre of fuel.

Wrong, 32:1 in metric is actually 31.25ML per litre, close, but flawed. 40:1 is 25ml per litre, because 1000/40 is 25. It's by pure coincidence that 32:1 is very close to 32ml per litre.

Just X 32 by how many litres u have and BOOM!!

The easiest way to figure out how many ounces for your mixture of 32:1 is to divide the ounces of fuel by the 32.  That's how many ounces of oil you need. 

32:1--128/32 = 4 ounces

50:1--128/50 = 2.56 ounces, or just 2.5

You've done the matt correctly.. honestly I don't see the point in running fuel at 32:1 ratio, which also requires richer jetting than normal, which may gunk up your power valves with carbon deposits and clog up your silencer packing.  But you got the math right buddy.