Sign in to follow this  

2001 cr125 yay or nay?

I'm in the market for a new bike an I found a nice looking 01 cr 125. I'm looking for something fun cheap ad reliable, would this bike fit the bill? I'm not worried about going the fastest cause I'm going to be doing pretty much all woods riding. I just want something that's not going to be needing to be worked on constantly. I appreciate any input, thanks!http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/3999121446.html

First two stroke I owned was a 01 cr125. Bought it off a buddy of mine after he blew the topend on it. I rebuilt it and rode the crap out of it. Bike made good power, it had v-force reeds and an fmf rev pipe and it freakin screamed on the top.

As far as reliability goes its a 125 two stroke they go through topends and clutches. Keep the oil changed, air filter clean, jet it properly, and you could probably get a season out of a topend if your not racing.

IMO it was a good bike and I loved it! The one your looking at looks nice and clean and the price isn't terrible. If it runs as good as it looks I'd say try to haggle the price abit but if not 1,500 isn't bad.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask, and good luck!