Starting a total rebuild of my 02 cr250

Here's what I'm starting with!

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1378064915.553691.jpg

Ordered a few things and breaking down the motor over the next few days but here is a list that will have more added to it but most major stuff.

-Eric gorr 265 kit with his porting and case matching

-05-07 balanced crank

-fmf factory fatty with shorty

-black excel wheels

-Eric gorr carb

-fc suspension

-throttle jockey seat cover

-custom graphics

-asv levers

-boyesen ignition and clutch covers

-v-force reeds

-all new bearings and wear items

-pc exhaust flange

-new radiators

And I'm thinking about powder coating the frame and swing arm black... Some things may change as I get to them but the time line is about 2 months on this depending on how long it takes to get the motor parts back!!

Just my $.02, don't do the black frame. If you want the looks go for the polished frame.

very cool taking your 02 to the next level.

Few things, consider doing line x on the frame it will last forever, check this out

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1037348-my-2008-restoration/

And what does eric gorr do to carbs? I would use a pwk 38mm carb from a 99-2000 cr250 (twist on top one, not the newer one) If i kept the stock carb i would buy a jd jet kit and send the carb to www.rb-designs.com for his tmx carb fix.

I had a boyesen exhaust flange on my 02, (same idea as PC) and it made zero difference, dont waste your money.

Keep the updates coming!

Third-reed I had an 03 that had a polished frame and don't really want to go that route..

Adam The lin-x is a good idea and I have a 2000 carb on it but was thinking of a slight bore in it but may just rebuild it and adjust the jetting myself. Also I'm doing the flange for reliability and if it had any performance advantage that's just a plus because the one on my 03 cracked and I've had a few buddies have issues with stock ones getting brittle breaking and a little piece ending up in the motor..

Here's my old 03

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1378122132.681016.jpg

Here's why I was thinking black frame

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1378122176.088455.jpg

And here's just a sexy bike

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1378122202.722128.jpg

subbed. I re-did my 02 last winter with a fresh top end. held off on the 265 kit cause I was thinking of getting other work done. excited to watch how your build turns out. Interested to see what you end up spending on just engine work!

and good idea on the Frame line-x! I have a polished one currently, would like to go the black route eventually, being as it's super muddy up here in the NW.

very cool taking your 02 to the next level.

Few things, consider doing line x on the frame it will last forever, check this out

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1037348-my-2008-restoration/

And what does eric gorr do to carbs? I would use a pwk 38mm carb from a 99-2000 cr250 (twist on top one, not the newer one) If i kept the stock carb i would buy a jd jet kit and send the carb to www.rb-designs.com for his tmx carb fix.

I had a boyesen exhaust flange on my 02, (same idea as PC) and it made zero difference, dont waste your money.

Keep the updates coming!

subbed. I re-did my 02 last winter with a fresh top end. held off on the 265 kit cause I was thinking of getting other work done. excited to watch how your build turns out. Interested to see what you end up spending on just engine work!

and good idea on the Frame line-x! I have a polished one currently, would like to go the black route eventually, being as it's super muddy up here in the NW.

It will be $600 for the head work, piston, porting and big bore through Eric gorr. But I haven't figured up the other stuff yet.

Well it looks better than my 02 starting out :p. but I prefer the gnarly over the fatty

Well it looks better than my 02 starting out :p. but I prefer the gnarly over the fatty

Do you do more woods riding??

The seat cover has arrived!!

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1378242883.367549.jpg

Do you do more woods riding??

yes

The gnarly is a better choice for that for the power and and the thickness of the pipe