Sign in to follow this  

Pitbike

My pitbike gives me a hard time to turn back on after I ride for like 40 mins does anyone know what can it be ?

1378068184149.jpg

What year, make and model?

Where do you buy your fuel and what octane do you use.

When it won't restart, about how long before it does restart, and do you have to hold the throttle open and kick, or just kick with no throttle? 

When it finally does restart, does it just sudedenly start and idle perfect, or does it blubber (flooded) then clear out?

• Like 1

The restar time is depending on how long I ride I use the premiun gas sometimes after I turn it on it backfires

As best I can tell from your pic, it looks like a Honda 50 or Chinese rip off.

There are quite a few things that can cause the problems you have.  It also looks like it may have some aftermarket goodies too, which can add to the difficulty in diagnosing the problem.  If I or someone could hear the symptoms, it would make it easier to diagnose.  Maybe someone at your local track or Mx shop could spend a little time to help you out.

Onething you could try on your own, is a change of fuel in case it is vapor locking.  Some super unleadeds may have more than 10% ethanol in it, which could cause some hard start problems on carbureted vehicles, and even some fuel injected vehicles as well.

Although VP 110 is 8.00 a gallon, buy just one gallon for test purposes.  Although you probably don't need the high octane, you want some fuel with no ethanol or methanol.  If it doesn't correct the problem, you're not out that much and can move on with the diag process.

There are some gas stations around the country that doesn't use ethanol in their fuel, and there's a website that tells you where they are located.

Two easy things you can also do is, check your valve clearnace,  and replace your spark plug.