Sign in to follow this  

250SX stays out in front of the Yamaha 450 boys!

The KTM out front was neat and all, but on a somewhat related subject, can you get lost out there?  I've only ridden on Mx tracks, but watching the video, the cactus, rocks and scenery started looking the same.

Cool story...

So you saying it is just the bike? they were trying as hard as they could to pass? or just trying to stay out of your dust?

I am planning on getting a 14 SX 250... because I want a light weight 2 stroke again.  once the bikes get this big it is about the rider, not about the bike... really in all classes. 

• Like 1

The KTM out front was neat and all, but on a somewhat related subject, can you get lost out there?  I've only ridden on Mx tracks, but watching the video, the cactus, rocks and scenery started looking the same.

We've been riding out there for years. Sometimes though when we go exploring though I've got back to the truck on fumes. Haven't run out of gas yet.

Cool story...

So you saying it is just the bike? they were trying as hard as they could to pass? or just trying to stay out of your dust?

I am planning on getting a 14 SX 250... because I want a light weight 2 stroke again.  once the bikes get this big it is about the rider, not about the bike... really in all classes. 

Kevin is a good rider! Takes some work to stay out front when he is behind. He keeps you honest. I couldn't gap him but I don't think he could have passed either. I would say the newer 250SX is formidable against a 450. He may have had a slight torque advantage in the sand trail we were on.