from quad to bike

Lolololloollol. Stupid person is stupid. Does it hurt? Being so dumb?

Lolololloollol. Stupid person is stupid. Does it hurt? Being so dumb?

Righhttt. You sound childish. and "raw fuel"? as a pose to what? I'm not going to waste any more of this mans blog. But I am gonna say that scenario is for when the bike is flooded and I meant to add to slowly twist and throttle all the way back and hold. I go with the methods I was taught and have been using for years but hey if you have a method that you think works better more power to ya! https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/43532-starting-crf-flooded/

The book says when it wont start hot to pull the hot start and if it still doesn't start in 2-3 kicks to then open the throttle full, don't pump it just keep it full open for more air to clear flood and continue to kick with hot start on until it lights.  And yes you got one extra squirt of fuel when you opened it but a kit or two will clear it.  Or at least that's what the Honda book said to do.  So far when I have to use the hot start on a quick tip over I have not had to open the throttle but if it doesn't light in a couple kicks I will open it and just kick out the extra squirt of fuel.  If all else fails follow the book!!!

Edited by ramjetV8

guess i should have posted pics of the bike.  hopefully i will be getting a seat soon.  the one i bought from the bay was wrong.  guy listed as a 450r seat but was actually 250r.  so now i have to return it and already bought another.  really sucks because i was gonna ride this sunday.  oh well. 

my bike.jpg

guess i should have posted pics of the bike.  hopefully i will be getting a seat soon.  the one i bought from the bay was wrong.  guy listed as a 450r seat but was actually 250r.  so now i have to return it and already bought another.  really sucks because i was gonna ride this sunday.  oh well. 

Chuleta,

Very nice bike. 

Hang in there with the seat mix-up.. I've been through the same thing with my bike. Once you get the correct seat installed, you'll have a blast riding that beast.!

JL 

Chuleta,

Your not on a Quad anymore....you dont NEED a seat! LOL  Go ride man!!!  Sorry, I'm deployed (Army) right now so I would do anything to go ride!

What did you replace it with?  Is the new one any taller?

bought another used 06 seat and shaved it.  put my own hump in it also.  i did a much better job than last time.  i got a few spots to clean up and then recover it.  im happy with it.  i guess i just needed proper motivation (beer).  i will get pics when its complete.  working 7 days a week isnt leaving much desire to work in garage.

Chuleta,

Your not on a Quad anymore....you dont NEED a seat! LOL  Go ride man!!!  Sorry, I'm deployed (Army) right now so I would do anything to go ride!

been there, done that.  i served 8 yrs in army and was in germany for 14months, south america for 1 yr, korea for 14months and dersert storm in "91"    i sucked but i would do it again if i could.