Harsh suspension

I have a 2006 yz250 and had the suspension worked on several times. I bought it used in 07 and its handles and feels much better but still not stable on rocks. I am a B rider (do not race) and ride alto of A trails from fast flowing single track, 2 track and jeep roads to nasty single track, 2 track and jeep roads with lots of rocks. It hits really hard like there is no dampening at all. It's like riding an old BMX bike and driving into a curb. Also when i hit a G-Out it hits kind of hard but not bottoming out but springs up and makes the bike feel very unstable. And some times when the trail is like rolling hills sometimes the bike bounces like a car would that has old worn out shocks( like the old cars you see going down the highway bouncing on very little bump). Where my main problem is that I can not feel comfortable on rocks at all. Now when im in big boulders and river rocks I really have no problem. It more on the loose rocks and sharp ledged rock hits and almost any speed. If I go up hill and am on the gas its not to bad because my front is light. But if im going down hill and with a lot of rocks my front end bounces and moves all over the place. Its just really hard to keep the front end strait.

Is it just the forks or both ends? Have you tried working with the clickers to tune it out? The springing up and bouncing around sounds like its rebounding too fast. The harshness on the square edges could be too much hsc, which will also feel better under throttle as you're punching things with more force.

Is it just the forks or both ends? Have you tried working with the clickers to tune it out? The springing up and bouncing around sounds like its rebounding too fast. The harshness on the square edges could be too much hsc, which will also feel better under throttle as you're punching things with more force.

I would say its both but mainly the front. It just does not feel like its soaking the hits up and in return making the front end go all over the place. The rear is not that bad except for say small jumps(more like a single whoop going across the trail) that has a sharp edge or obstacles like logs in the trail the back wants to bush me up off the foot pegs and almost over the bars, even is I compress the suspension. I played with the clickers but not nearly enough because im not really sure with way to go for witch symptom.

I too am in AZ. I have a 2006 WR450 that when i got it this past spring was way too stiff. These bikes are sprung as if you are a MX racer and not really set up for trail riding or AZ trail riding on rocks. I struggled with the settings and it never even came close. There was hardly any sag to the front, it was like a solid pipe. I would have to jump on the front to get it to move. ( Far to stiff)

So I made a few changes. First I changed the fork oil. It had 500cc in it so I only refilled with alittle over half of that. 

That did help alot but was not all that I wanted.

When I had the springs out I check to see if they were stock or stiffer. There were no marks so they were stock. So I ordered softer springs and installed those with lower oil and I am very impressed with the results. It will suck up those rocky bumps and still takes the big woops without bottoming.

Now my rear is differant. I have far to much sag so I will increase the rear spring next.