Sign in to follow this  

Hare scramble start techniques

a13 you're from iowa!? holy shit. i debated going to newhartford, lovehate that place. the IERA always puts on a good race, theyre organized like a fart in a windstorm though.

Edited by Theeebalz

Sadly, no. The funniest part of it was that when I fell off, there were 50+ guys behind me yelling "MOVE YOUR GOD &^%@ BIKE!!!!!!!!"  It was pretty funny. Not at the time, but after that it was. I did break my radiator shroud. I guess the Radiator braces probably saved me there. Had a small fire because some kid tipped over and gas came out of the overflow tubes and I went down right there and somehow the exhaust pip lit er up! Didn't do much besides a tiny flame since the ground was pretty wet.

wow, lucky your bike didn't catch on fire. that happened during one of our enduros. a guy lost his bike on a rocky downhill and the bike was leaking fuel and sparking while it was sliding on the rocks. the bike burned to a molted pile of metal, since there was no fire extinguisher nearby. yeah, people get pretty stressed during HS and yell a lot. are you going to do another ?

a13 you're from iowa!? holy shit. i debated going to newhartford, lovehate that place. the IERA always puts on a good race, theyre organized like a fart in a windstorm though.

I have some helmet cam footage for the start of C class at New Hartford this past weekend.  I'll cut out the first 2 minutes in post it up later.  Makes me chuckle seeing people try to keep their bikes upright.  The MX track we started on was just plain SLICK.

A13 - is that the race that you rode as well?

Edited by yz250f_spud

welcome to hare scrambles! lol, I'm glad you had fun.I had a mud race yesterday too. Here you go...

just a note, the gopro on the chinguard keeps the trees from ripping it off.

u

Good riding, watch the first 10 mins. Couple big log jams there sspecially in the mud

• Like 1

I'm going to try to make it to Atalissa.  I would like to do Council Bluffs since it's a really fun course, but you get some fast riders since it's an OMA race.

Here's a link for the 3 minutes of the C class start at New Hartford.  There were 32 in the line that I took off with.  I ended up 7th after the first lap, 9th at the end of the race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ArHut7OwO8&feature=youtu.be

Results -> http://www.moto-tally.com/IERA/HS/Results.aspx

u

Good riding, watch the first 10 mins. Couple big log jams there sspecially in the mud

Was only going to watch the first 10 minutes, but then I wanted to see if you would be able to pass the guy in the red. And then that guy told you to go the long way. I don't get what people are thinking sometimes, but I'm coming to believe it's best to ignore spectators while racing unless they are helping to push your bike. I've never raced in mud like that. I like how it ended.

• Like 1

Was only going to watch the first 10 minutes, but then I wanted to see if you would be able to pass the guy in the red. And then that guy told you to go the long way. I don't get what people are thinking sometimes, but I'm coming to believe it's best to ignore spectators while racing unless they are helping to push your bike. I've never raced in mud like that. I like how it ended.

lol, thanks. I catch the red guy on the third lap and still can't pass him. I watched the minis race and I knew we were supposed to go up the hill but the guy waving me off was the organizer. I figured any way up was better than waiting for the guy to decide which way to send me so I just took off. most of the spectators I've run across are really good at pointing out good lines, sometimes they screw you just to watch you get stuck though. it's all good. I'll run the next one in a month as long as everything stays together.

u

Those are some beautiful woods, wish I had some terrain like that. Good video.

• Like 1