CR125 connecting rod in a '98 KX125?

I bought a '98 KX125 a few weeks ago.  It's got 'Kustom Kraft' engraved on the cylinder, it's been sleeved and has a 56.0mm bore (vs. the stock 54.0mm).  Obviously, it's a big bore.  I noticed the connecting rod has a Pro-X number on it (03.1212), so obviously that's been changed, too.  The Pro-X rod is for a 1988-2007 CR125.  (The Pro-X rod number for the KX125 is 03.4218)  Anyone know why it's got a CR rod in it?  It doesn't look like the crank itself has been modified, so I don't think it's a stroker.  Maybe the CR rod is stronger?  It definitely looks like a KX crank, not a CR crank.  I bought the bike with the engine in a tub and the seller didn't know much about it (the owner prior to him is who had the work done).

Edited by Jim_B

Doing a little research and both connecting rods lengths center to center are 104 mm stock. So not a stroker.

Doing a little research and both connecting rods lengths center to center are 104 mm stock. So not a stroker.

Thanks!

I may call Kustom Kraft tomorrow and see what they say.  If I find any info I'll post it up.

I called Kustom Kraft; they had no idea why it would have a CR125 connecting rod.

You're sure you have a KX engine?

You're sure you have a KX engine?

Yes, 100%.

Edited by Jim_B