Knocking noise from rear wheel

I just got back from trail riding today and i had noticed a knocking noise from my rear wheel, i had thought it was my chain being loose.

I tightened it when i got home and started it but it still has a knocking noise.

Ive noticed that the sprocket side bearing looks like its dead its barely spinning, could the bearing really make a loud and heavy knock like that?

How much are rear bearings to get fixed by a ktm dealer?

I just got back from trail riding today and i had noticed a knocking noise from my rear wheel, i had thought it was my chain being loose.

I tightened it when i got home and started it but it still has a knocking noise.

Ive noticed that the sprocket side bearing looks like its dead its barely spinning, could the bearing really make a loud and heavy knock like that?

How much are rear bearings to get fixed by a ktm dealer?

Yep your bearings. Happens when heats up and starts to bind against themselves and the bearing race. If you jack up your bike with-in a minute of riding and hub is still hot. When you spin it u'll see it siezing and breaking free.

Depending on how sloppy the inner race is of the bad bearings you mave have to cut them out. Dremel w carbide tip usually take a minute.

You dont want to ride on it till you replace them. The next stage is bearing blow out.

This post is old now:( and yes it was the bearing! it came out in about 50 pieces, the outer race of the bearer was seized on the inside of the pipe, was a bitch to get it all out but its all done!

Happened to me once or twice, years ago. I even had one take out my hub. They should be replaced once a year even 6 months if you race or ride a lot.

I took my bike for a rip today. Didn't notice anything when I left. Went for a little trip in the bush, and felt some odd movement in the rear when I got back out on the road. Pulled over, and found the bearings were done!! My buddy lives around the corner, so I drove the bike there, and right onto the bed of his truck.