Sign in to follow this  

begginer riding classes

I have 3 boys that i just bought bike for. their ages are 4,7,13. I purchased a jr50,a crf70 and a crf80 for them. I am in the Houston area. Do you guys have anyone yall can recommend for riding classes? Some one that is good with kids and can make it fun for them to learn proper skills

I have 3 boys that i just bought bike for. their ages are 4,7,13. I purchased a jr50,a crf70 and a crf80 for them. I am in the Houston area. Do you guys have anyone yall can recommend for riding classes? Some one that is good with kids and can make it fun for them to learn proper skills

I think Tyler Livesay is from around there. I think he does classes, but I'm not sure if they're "fundamental" classes. They might be more advanced.

I'd just take them out somewhere with some room and let em have at it

While there is nothing wrong with that. I would rather spend a few bucks, help shorten there learning curve and give them good habits instead of letting them develop their own bad ones.

Steve Hatch racing is a good one to check out (http://www.stevehatchracing.com/) I took one of his classes last year. It was a really good weekend of bike riding fundamentals. Small enough to have one-on-one help, but enough other people in it to keep it interesting.

Not in your area but was in your situation years ago. If you want riding buddies when they grow up and start to pass your old azz up then teach them yourself, make it fun, and when they say they want to stop for the day or whatever, then STOP! Riding school can turn them off because other kids are better than them and in their mind it is competition. Basic skills is all they need before they follow you around in the hills, desert and forest. Put it this way, I have a buddy that pushed his kid to ride and the kid hates riding. I have two sons and two daughters that I ride with. Never pushed them and taught them the basics before they followed me around. My youngest, (now 17) is able to keep up with me pretty good until we hit a sand wash, he then passes my old butt up and is hard to catch. I mean it man, It is best to do yourself. But if I was in your area, I would take your money teach only your kids, and you would have companion riders for life!!!