IT'S LIVE! Full Review 2019 Honda CRF450L!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

California It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring!

OKOKOKOK!

Now the dust is down, the ground is wet, & the temperature is down.  Now is the best time of the whole year to be riding.  We've got about 2 months before the snow comes.

You guys OWE me! :lol:

Where are we going?  Stonyford?  Burlington? Tahoe?  SSS?

My son's bike is now 90%, and we're just waiting for Ebay to show up.  Intermediate rides, red sticker.  I'm not taking him to Herkimer.

I'm just not driving all the way to Wilson Canyon.  I'd love to go & that's perfect riding for him, but that's a 4 hour drive............ one way!   We'll bootleg Clear Creek before that!  :huh: Bootleg Clear Creek?  21 gave me everything I need to know! :rolleyes:

:thinking: He could go DOWN Rattlesnake & then down Downie Creek........................................................................

Now is the time! :thumbsup:

Edited by superslyko
  • Like 4

It didn't rain that much.

Still dusty at my house.

The top 1/4" is wet with dust underneath.

It will take a lot more rain then that.

We got back from Wilson Canyon last night.

Drove up Friday after work, a couple of nights in a Super 8.

Nothing like a real bed and shower after a ride.

Rode 2 full days, makes it worth the drive.

I hate you.

I lot of people do.

I can't help that I get to ride, on average, 45 days a year.

You were invited,

I will be going out this weekend as well - 

standing invite.

I hope the Elkins area gets a nice soak. It was dumping in lodi just a lil bit ago. Hope it's headed up thada way!

1175683_575342105859902_1020713075_n.jpg

1173803_575342255859887_168591463_n.jpg

Labor day Kayaking in Naples Island canals, Long beach. CA    - NOT dusty here! :thumbsup:  :usa:  :cheers:  :doh: 

• Like 1

I stared dumping rain up past Grass Valley around 1:00. Wasn't long before my boots were full of water and I was done.. The morning was great. Everything was soaked.

TV News said 1.6 inches of rain up there. :thumbsup:

eZyU1vA.jpg

EoQnWbS.jpg

• Like 2

OKOKOKOK!

Now the dust is down, the ground is wet, & the temperature is down.  Now is the best time of the whole year to be riding.  We've got about 2 months before the snow comes.

You guys OWE me! :lol:

Where are we going?  Stonyford?  Burlington? Tahoe?  SSS?

My son's bike is now 90%, and we're just waiting for Ebay to show up.  Intermediate rides, red sticker.  I'm not taking him to Herkimer.

I'm just not driving all the way to Wilson Canyon.  I'd love to go & that's perfect riding for him, but that's a 4 hour drive............ one way!   We'll bootleg Clear Creek before that!  :huh: Bootleg Clear Creek?  21 gave me everything I need to know! :rolleyes:

:thinking: He could go DOWN Rattlesnake & then down Downie Creek........................................................................

Now is the time! :thumbsup:

If you bootleg the creek let me know!!I I really miss that place :cry:

I know............... I know! :naughty:

But I'm serious.  I'm not letting you off the hook.  Give me at least a weeks notice, I'm only good weekends, & I hate fire roads.

PM me if you're more comfortable that way.  None of this day before shit or "you're always invited" shit.  Put something in writing! :) (My daughter tells me I get cranky sometimes)

Give me a couple of weeks to blow the cobwebs outta his ears & get all the kinks ironed out of this YZ, then we go! :thumbsup: 

Edited by superslyko

This weekend was a 30 ton splitter working the 160 foot tree at the cabin and the two trees my brother-in-law and I chainsawed last summer. We should be good for awhile.

Now we all need the dust to settle and to come together for a few good ride before the snow pushes us out of the Sierras until April...!

Lets do it...!

The rain was real hit or miss.

It rained below my place and above my place, but

not at my house.

I will be out Elkins way this Saturday - but it will be dry, hot and dusty.

I will hit the high country as well.

It is way early for any real rain - the good riding does not start until October.

Scott - here are some riding dates I have planned:

9/7, 9/14, 9/21, 10/5, 10/12, 10/19, 10/26

9/28 is out as my wife and I are taking the Jeep on the Rubicon.

November I plan on a few more days as November riding is the best,

It is in writing, it is not the day before.

Maybe you should buy a Kayak and try and up your post count  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

So did it rain at Georgetown or Sugar Pine? It rained a ton here in Roseville. Where did you ride Dr Kayak?

:thumbsup: See there you go!  That's how it's done!

You're on for the early part of October. No more of this Elkins shit.  I've done Elkins & Gold Note till I'm blue in the face.  I want to go someplace different. You know that area better than anyone.  Plan it out.  Don't try & kill me.  Surprise me.  Bring your son & I'll bring mine! No roads, we ain't plated.  After a good rain & the dust has settled.

That last ride you took me on where you almost broke my knee, but came back for me when I got lost.................................... that was great! ;)

I have Wife Slayer on tap & Pumpkin Ale next in line. :devil:  

mug_of_beer1.jpg

Edited by superslyko

It's just pouring here in vancouver bc.

Its normal though.

Not a drop at Stonyford, got 53 miles in on Monday, what a dusty mother.........