It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring!

?  The Valley of Doom!

I love it.  You saved all our bacon that day.  I wasn't alone.

That view is worth a bolt.  You're crying about a bolt? ?

We just brewed some Pumpkin Ale.  It tastes like a pumpkin pie exploded in your mouth.  I'm sure you've had Pumpkin Ale from the store................ this stuff is 1000 times better.  It doesn't even taste like beer.  If you ask real nice I'll bring some.  Maybe.

My son was at a party last weekend & told his buddies, "I gotta go home, I gotta get up in the morning"  They said, "Ah you wimp, it's early yet!" His reply, "No, I'm going to brew tomorrow".  The agreed, "You better go!" ?

Hockdog, Slyco, Ossi, and others. I am going to Nevada in Oct if you want lot's of miles and some awesome singletrack. You will get beat. 

Kind of a prequel for a Stonyford ride. Chris

Edited by cag33
  • Like 1

Was it a nut or a bolt you were missing slyko?

It is clear that there is also a screw loose somewhere...

It was a tiny little nut, the kind that screws on to the threaded end of an AXLE!!!  And it also rests up against the spacer thingie.

I don't think even Loctite has anything for that loose screw...............

:confused:  I've been looking all over for Penton's!  Where can I find a Penton!? :huh:

Guess I'll just have to stick with this steaming pile of orange........................................................ ?

After the fix, I came up to the group sitting in the trees and my 300 was boiling over.  They asked me, "What's up with your bike?"  I explained, "I over filled the radiators."  "Yeah, Yeah, Sure, Sure." was their reply.

So,

We went to Foresthill for the YZ's maiden voyage.  We saw 3 other people on the trail.  There were 2 trucks in the staging area.  It was very dusty!  There were sections of the trail that had 3" of powdered red dust.

The YZ performed flawlessly.  It gets much better mileage than my KTM.  We did a total of 50 miles.  I kicked his ass! ?   He drank his 100 oz. Camelbak & then I gave him mine.  He was beat.  I took him home and he passed out in front of the Xbox!  It was good! :D

IMG_0593.JPG

Edited by superslyko
  • Like 3

So,

We went to Foresthill for the YZ's maiden voyage. We saw 3 other people on the trail. There were 2 trucks in the staging area. It was very dusty! There were sections of the trail that had 3" of powdered red dust.

The YZ performed flawlessly. It gets much better mileage than my KTM. We did a total of 50 miles. I kicked his ass! ? He drank his 100 oz. Camelbak & then I gave him mine. He was beat. I took him home and he passed out in front of the Xbox! It was good! :D

Posted Image

That's awesome Scott! Other than the dust your son was eating, sounds like you had fun! And no missing parts or broken bones? He must be a good luck charm :-)

Like a good father,  I rode in back with my eye on him the whole time.

I even crashed hard 1 time & it took me awhile to get back.  He just kept on going.  Do-de-do! ? He had no clue I had crashed.

The YZ has plenty of power & scoots at the flick of the wrist.  I was planning on keeping him on wide quad trails & fire roads.  He wanted it steep, & tight!  Chip off the old block. ? Sure it was only Foresthill but we did 7 & 2 where it gets steep.  Soon I'll take him to 5 & 6.  Not our 1st ride though. :devil:

I had visions of losing him on the trail.  Luckily all I had to do was follow the dust cloud. :banghead:

Edited by superslyko

• 1 year later...

It's Raining in Martinez today!!!!!!!  ?

Mr. Turner above reminded me of sumptin.

Last summer, Steven was passed out in the back of our Van.  The cops were POUNDING on the sides of the Van to wake him up!  When they finally got him out, he couldn't even stand up........................... he was so wasted.  They were giving all kinds of shit, reading him the riot act, but they couldn't do nuthin!  It was a gated community he was parked in and thus was considered PRIVATE property.  The neighbors called the cops cuz someone was having a loud party next door, & when the cops finally showed only Steven was left.

The car keys were in his pocket.

The cops were pissed !!!!!!!!  But they couldn't do nuthin' about it !!!!!!!!!  :D  ?

It took Steven 6 months to work up enough courage to tell me about it. (The fact that he's brewing beer with me now might have something to do with it) All his friends were bustin' up. ?

Oh, to be young again !!!!!!!!  ?

Edited by superslyko