Sign in to follow this  

Cr125 Water Pump Seal

Afternoon fellow two smokers! :cheers:

I thought I would post a picture update on my bike/ for anybody searching for a reference on water pump seals. The process is not hard at all if you have butane torch handy. I used no special tools to do the job.

I went to go ride last week and she was spewing water pretty bad out of the telltale/weep hole.

I love wrenching almost as much as riding so, no big deal. B)

Here is a picture update on my bike if anyone has not seen my other thread/posts.

Here is the craigslist ad. Snagged her about a month ago for $1500. Probably should have negotiated a little harder but oh well.

htq2.jpg

First thing I did was a fresh top end.

r5o5.jpg

Washing the bike after its first time to the track and I find this! :blink:  Not sure if I bought the bike like that or not....I drilled the holes thinking I might ride with the crack for a while.....cleared my head and decided otherwise....

5uxh.jpg

2003 frame from Ridlyredraider! :ride: here she is after getting the swingarm on.

9hvr.jpg

Then I splurged for a new chain and sprockets! :goofy: I went with an oring chain because I hate lubing my chain. Some say they oring chains will hurt the performance of a 125 because of the added drag. I didn't notice at all....but I did go up a few teeth on the rear sprocket.

The Nasty

ysw2.jpg

The Goods

tzv7.jpg

oww2.jpg

Took a few links out. Used a dremel to grind down the head, and punched the rivet out. Standard procedure.

2yy3.jpg

Done!

w4ra.jpg

Now, to the water pump seal.

New parts!

evhq.jpg

Edited by slackinoff

Looks fine upon first look.

7gnv.jpg

dlmh.jpg

Gear shaft was knackered up a bit.

a4n7.jpg

Bit of heat and the bearing came out with a few taps of a 3/8ths drive and hammer.

kxnb.jpg

All out. Decided to do the kick starter seal while I was at it. That one pops right out as well. Used a socket to pop back in. 

yt4n.jpg

After the bearing is out, the seals can be pushed out together. Super easy. On reinstall, make sure the open part of the seals always faces you. So the two closed ends butt up against each other. Put new bearing in freezer to shrink it down a bit. Makes install easy.

s5vy.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img836/8415/n7hq.jpg

Made myself a little homemade soda blaster...it worked ok. All done!!!

25kc.jpg

u71f.jpg

Hope everyone had an awesome labor day weekend! :ride:  

Roy

Edited by slackinoff