2011 YZ450 breaking subframes

I've broke two subframes on my 2011 yz450 within 20-30 hours of each other, and they both broke in the same place (in between the exhaust mount holes where the fender bolts on) and I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how to fix it. Below are some pictures of the subframe.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1378146536.185157.jpgmImageUploadedByThumper Talk1378146772.200881.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1378147534.098337.jpg

I have broken the subframe on my 2010 multiple times, twice in that same spot. I found a good welder, which is cheaper than a new frame. It has really pissed me off.

The first time I broke my subframe I brought it to a welder and they welded it for $20 but it only lasted one ride before it broke again.

• 2 years later...

I just did this with my '11.  broke the subframe in the exact same spot.  I have previously had rub marks on my exhaust (FMF F4.1) so I know I was impinging.  When I finally had failure, it was a first ride on a new rear tire.  I had switched from a Pirelli Scorpion 120 rear to a Maxxiss Maxxcross IT 120 rear.  Did any of you have rubbing?  What tire/exhaust combo did you run?  Thanks.

I bit the bullet and bought a new subframe (albeit aftermarket).  I just finished undrowning my brother in law's quad so my bike is next up for reparis.  Going to take the subframe off and pop the new one on.  Then I think I'm going to spin up a spacer on my lathe to hold the exhaust a bit further out.  I haven't looked at it in detail yet so I am not even sure if there is room to space the exhaust out further but if there is... I'm going to have a new subframe and a newly made part that might solve this problem once and for all.  And for anyone that has not yet blew their frame off the back of their bike with their rear tire... it might be worth taking the extra step in preventative maintenence to rig up a space.  If sucessful - I'll post a pic or two.

Thanks for the info guys...and I agree - seems to be related to aftermarket pipes.  Still not going back to stock tho.... ?