Sign in to follow this  

2013 CRF450 stock exhaust mod?

Hi this is my first post so not sure if this is the correct section.

I have a 2013 Honda CRF450 and I have noticed that if you look down into the exhausts there are a number of small baffles that partly obscure the silencer, normally you have a round pipe with loads of small holes in that has packing material wrapped around it, this has the same but inside the round steel pipe with the holes in are a number of small half round baffles. 

If these baffles where removed I assume it will increase flow and increase power and torque as the after market pipes don't have these baffles.

Any thoughts on this ? only it might be a cheap modification and give similar performance to an after market pipe at almost no cost. 

I only just got the bike but I will take them off soon and take some pics, when you look down from the end the half washer type baffles are right down near the back rivets. 

I am in the UK and our bikes are slightly different to the US ones like our air filter boxes have sides and a lid on with only one small hole on the right side of the bike and no hole on the left because of this we have airbox plastics without holes, think this is to keep noise down. Not sure if the baffles are a UK think too 

I only just got the bike but I will take them off soon and take some pics, when you look down from the end the half washer type baffles are right down near the back rivets. 

I am in the UK and our bikes are slightly different to the US ones like our air filter boxes have sides and a lid on with only one small hole on the right side of the bike and no hole on the left because of this we have airbox plastics without holes, think this is to keep noise down. Not sure if the baffles are a UK think too 

Curious to see this exhaust? As for the airbox, ditch the backfire screen and the airbox lid and watch your bike come alive!! The standard setup is so restrictive why do they always do this sort of thing to the european version?

I have US spec airbox sides to go on mine, with a knife at the ready for the airbox itself.

I am going with a single sided rocket exhaust, + a re-map, that should liven the old girl up a bit. my backfire screen is staying firmly in place though, having been there and watched a friends bike burn because of a backfire mine is staying put.