Sign in to follow this  

KX250 spokes

1998 KX250. I'm considering my options for spokes. Ill be keeping my stock hubs and excel rims, but I'd like new spokes as all mine are seized, some are loose, and it just all around needs adjusting. At any rate, all I'm finding are spokes for 99s and up and whatnot.

My front rim is a 21 inch rim, my rear is a 19. Both stock hubs. I really want to do both wheels without getting too pricey. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I just checked the Kawasaki parts refrence, 1998 was the last year for this type of wheel assembly.

Edited by lethalweapon100

I've used Excel and Pro Wheel spokes.  Excel are the nicest but you need to drill your hubs and they cost more.

It's easy to lace your own wheels if you take your time.  I built a stand out of scrap wood for the initial spoke tightening.  Then I just mount the wheel on the bike and tape a pointer to the fork/swingarm to finish truing.

No matter what you do or where you go, you need 10-12mm offset on the drive side of the rear wheel.  People lace them up centered and the chain hits the tire.  There's even been posts here about people sending their wheels out to a "professional" and not having the correct offset.

I can walk you through the lacing, there's just a couple key points you need to know.

I used a stock hub, excell taskago rim and excell spokes... Didnt have to drill anything. ALL spokes for the rear are the same size and bend :) Got em off ebay. 80 bucks shipped

I used a stock hub, excell taskago rim and excell spokes... Didnt have to drill anything. ALL spokes for the rear are the same size and bend :) Got em off ebay. 80 bucks shipped

For one wheel? $160 for both?

Ill go get my lawnmower started then...