Sign in to follow this  

2009 or 2010 crf 250 any good?

Hey guys I found a 2009 crf 250r and have some concerns about it in the description it shows and says there is a crack in the rear plastic white fender. And he points out that there are some screws missing so that also concerns me because if he can't even replace screws than how good was he about repairs and such. Take a look for yourself. http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/mcd/4027275918.html

Also just go on to craigslist ( Minneapolis) and type in crf250r exactly as I put it and you can find it there. Also while your finding it of you could look at the other bikes around the same price range or if there's a really good deal and inform me of what you think thanks. Also I found a 2010 that the guy is willing to trade for a 05+ cr125 or a 04+ rm 125 or a ktm 150sx so I could ask him for a trade with my 05 yz 125. Here's the link to that post

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/mcy/3932528627.html

Thanks

Hey guys I found a 2009 crf 250r and have some concerns about it in the description it shows and says there is a crack in the rear plastic white fender. And he points out that there are some screws missing so that also concerns me because if he can't even replace screws than how good was he about repairs and such. Take a look for yourself. http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/mcd/4027275918.html

Also just go on to craigslist ( Minneapolis) and type in crf250r exactly as I put it and you can find it there. Also while your finding it of you could look at the other bikes around the same price range or if there's a really good deal and inform me of what you think thanks. Also I found a 2010 that the guy is willing to trade for a 05+ cr125 or a 04+ rm 125 or a ktm 150sx so I could ask him for a trade with my 05 yz 125. Here's the link to that post

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/mcy/3932528627.html

Thanks

that 2010 is a good bike i for get the guys name but he is a tt member too and posted it for sale on here a few weeks ago. I had a 2010 crf250r its a really good bike cant beat the efi.

Ok found his name- MotoX16. Good luck i know he really likes that bike and doesnt want to give it away which i dont blame him its a great bike.

I would go for the bike it's just I can't get a new bike until spring. Just wondering if I'm looking at the right stuff or looking at crap because that's the year I would most likely get. Thanks

I would go for the bike it's just I can't get a new bike until spring. Just wondering if I'm looking at the right stuff or looking at crap because that's the year I would most likely get. Thanks

well on my 2010 i had one problem. The fuel pump went out at around 30hrs. It ran perfect after that. When they ordered the new pump it was the same part number but it was updated. I want to say it was $250 for the pump but i could be wrong about that.

If you can get the 2010, do it and thank me later.

Its a no brainer don't buy it from a guy who didn't care enough about it to even replace the "screws".  Especially a high maintainence 4 stroke.  They're ticking time bombs regardless.  My friends 2013 was meticulously maintained and already needs head work at not even 40 hours and the kids mid pack C class riding.

I have owned my Honda crf250r 2010 model since Dec. of 2010. Still riding it. If you take care of it they last a long time. I love the bike. The 2009 is not full injected but the engine has more hit down low but I would go for the 2010. Just change the oil a lot.