Sign in to follow this  

Tyre problem

My rear tyre keeps going flat found out the air is coming out from a couple of spokes on the rim :/ and as the tyre is tubeless could I get an inner tube ? I was told I need a new rim :S dunno whats the best thing to do ? can anyone help thanks :)

My rear tyre keeps going flat found out the air is coming out from a couple of spokes on the rim :/ and as the tyre is tubeless could I get an inner tube ? I was told I need a new rim :S dunno whats the best thing to do ? can anyone help thanks :)

https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/Rim-Strips-c4485/ Just look for the size rim you have. :thumbsup:

Edited by ARMRD X

B6 - OK lets start with what kind of motorcycle E, S, or SM?  It has spoked wheels so how is it that you are running tire (tyre) without a tube?  There are ways but takes some special prep of the rim/spoke set up.  Yes certainly you can add a tube to any motorcycle tire/wheel as long as you can buy a tube to fit the tire (which you can for any DRZ).  A tube will reduce the speed rating of a tubeless tire but that is probably not an issue with any DRZ400.

Rim strips do not seal spokes.  They  protect the tube from the spoke nipples.

Are you sure there is no tube in the tire now?

B6 - OK lets start with what kind of motorcycle E, S, or SM?  It has spoked wheels so how is it that you are running tire (tyre) without a tube?  There are ways but takes some special prep of the rim/spoke set up.  Yes certainly you can add a tube to any motorcycle tire/wheel as long as you can buy a tube to fit the tire (which you can for any DRZ).  A tube will reduce the speed rating of a tubeless tire but that is probably not an issue with any DRZ400.

Rim strips do not seal spokes.  They  protect the tube from the spoke nipples.

Are you sure there is no tube in the tire now?

Yo noble my bike is an 07 sm the tyres are tubeless for some reason they are maxis super max sports but I think the inner tube way sounds cool I might get a new rear tyre in the process too as its on its way out. I didn't wanna play with the spokes as I might mess the balance of the rim up dunno why some guy said I needed a new rim lol

A SM does not have tubeless tyre compatible wheels.  It may have tubeless tyres mounted with tubes.  If it truly has no tubes, someone has sealed the spoke nipples.  There are several products sold to try and seal the spoke nipples.  If that is the case, the sealing process has failed and needs to be re-done or tubes installed to the tyres.  All DRZ400SM come from the factory with tubes in the tyres.

(corrected mis spelling some to come)

Edited by Noble