Stain removal

How can these tank stains be removed without painting it? sanding helped a little, but not enough. maybe soaking it in bleach water? I don't know. any ideas?

1378166164396.jpg

You can try Soft Scub.

Soft Scrub with bleach, and it needs to sit for awhile for the bleach to do its work.

Edited by chuck4788

Soft Scrub with bleach, and it needs to sit for awhile for the bleach to do its work.

will 30 minutes do the trick?

Yeah, and probably a lot less.  I use Soft Scrub to remove red clay stains in my white plastic and to clean tank sides. 

I apply it using a non-scratch scrub pad (courtesy of my wife's kitchen) and let it sit a few minute, rub some more to see if I'm making progress, apply some more, scrub, let sit, repeat as needed.  It takes a while for the bleach to oxidize the iron in the clay, or other colors in dirt.  Same thing for rust streaks on other surfaces.

Yeah, and probably a lot less. I use Soft Scrub to remove red clay stains in my white plastic and to clean tank sides.

I apply it using a non-scratch scrub pad (courtesy of my wife's kitchen) and let it sit a few minute, rub some more to see if I'm making progress, apply some more, scrub, let sit, repeat as needed. It takes a while for the bleach to oxidize the iron in the clay, or other colors in dirt. Same thing for rust streaks on other surfaces.

great. Thanks.