how good are chinese bikes.

hey i was looking at powersportsmax.com and was wondering how good there 250cc bikes were just wonderin cuz they look alot like honda bikes and look like the same parts. thanks

*Very large sigh*

They're not good, but fun until they break (a lot). 

funny, I was just reading about Honda winning a lawsuit against Lifan in the Chinese courts. (which is hard to do)   In short they were copying Honda stuff and selling build packages to company's with other names.  Then claiming they didn't manufacture it because they didn't assemble it.  

Just walk away.....

For the money of a new one, buy a nice used Japanese or Austrian brand bike that's clean and well taken care of.....

funny, I was just reading about Honda winning a lawsuit against Lifan in the Chinese courts. (which is hard to do)   In short they were copying Honda stuff and selling build packages to company's with other names.  Then claiming they didn't manufacture it because they didn't assemble it.  

URL?

don't remember?   google honda sues lifan,    ,   there was also a story about Chevy trademark suit with chinese brand Chery. 

Edited by highmarker

tried that, did not find anything past 2008 and it was about the little gocart engines that lifan made for honda and then resold out the back door with another brand

Quiet a few years ago I considered buying a 250cc water cooled Chinese bike. I'm glad I didn't waste my money now. They are very poor quality in comparison to the jap bikes and euro bikes. Steel swing arms, poor welds, just low quality parts in general and not very good performance. Not something I would want to be riding up in the bush to find it breaks down on me and I have to push it home... For the amount of money you'd spend on a new Chinese bike, you could have spent on a used jap/euro bike that's a few years old just like 'original monk' said above. I ended up getting an 1997 xr250 instead of that Chinese bike a few years ago. Now I have a 450 exc and the XR still sits in the shed. (I still don't want to part with it haha).  

After looking at your link to the 250 that looks like a Honda, it's not as bad as I imagined it to be. I still would be worried about how reliable it would be. Chinese bikes have improved their quality from a few years ago when I was looking at one but still, you've got to be carful with buying these types of bikes.

Yea i wouldnt go w/ a Chinese big bike pitbike maybe, the fact your using alot of suspension travel and are going at a way faster speed jumping doubles, triples, & going thro whoops just sounds uneasy and could be dangerous. Lol Honda, yamaha, kawasaki, suzuki, ktm. You could prolly get a used 125 or 250 for the price of the chinese 250f

thanks for all your input i will take all this into consideration

what are some of the jap and australian bike names?

what are some of the jap and australian bike names?

The big guys, honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, ktm, husquavarna, and husaberg. I mightve missed one or two, but you get it, the big brand name companies.

Austrian bikes are the best :p

i thought most of the big names were jap which ones are austrian?

KTM Sportmotorcycle AG is an Austrian motorcycle, bicycle and moped manufacturer. The company was founded in 1934 by engineer Hans Trunkenpolz [1] in Mattighofen. It started out as a metal working shop and was named Kraftfahrzeuge Trunkenpolz Mattighofen. In 1954 KTM began producing motorcycles.

KTM is most commonly known for its off road motorcycles though in recent years it has expanded into street motorcycle production.

i thought most of the big names were jap which ones are austrian?

KTM, Husaberg, husqvarna the main ones.

oh ok thanks