06 CRF250R Suspension on my CR 250

I have the CRF 250 R forks and shock mounted up on the 02 CR250. first im going to set the sag and go down a whole lot of the rebound adjusters. I was only able to do a trail test ride but they feel great. doesn't preload and "bounce" off of things quite as well as the CR suspension did, but it feels really planted and the bike handles great. Im going to try to tune them as much as I can myself before I decide to send them to a shop for a revalve.

Before you mounted the shock, did you compare the overall length between the two shocks? I believe the 250 shock is about 5mm longer, which will raise your seat about 15mm higher w the stock '02 linkage.

My Cr250 shock had been lowered internally so I didnt have a reference. But I did use the CRF shock, linkage, and swingarm.. I'm pretty sure it's correct, but not 100%. Wonderig has anyone else done this and like to share?

Also I weigh 165 with gear and run an oversized tank. 60/40 hare scramble/track

I think you're breaking new ground with this swap, havent seen anyone here with the same set up. sounds like its working though. there's often a difference in the clevis lengths between the crf and cr shocks, but you have the entire crf rear end so maybe all is good?

I have the CRF 250 R forks and shock mounted up on the 02 CR250. first im going to set the sag and go down a whole lot of the rebound adjusters. I was only able to do a trail test ride but they feel great. doesn't preload and "bounce" off of things quite as well as the CR suspension did, but it feels really planted and the bike handles great. Im going to try to tune them as much as I can myself before I decide to send them to a shop for a revalve.

I just put my 04 crf450 shock and forks in my 02cr250 becuase the suspension and springs was setup for my weight on the crf450, I am curious to know myself how it will feel myself

I just put my 04 crf450 shock and forks in my 02cr250 becuase the suspension and springs was setup for my weight on the crf450, I am curious to know myself how it will feel myself

The CRF suspension uses heavier springs to compensate the extra weight of the four stroke,

CR250 fork-0.43 shock-4.9

CRF250R fork- 0.45 shock: 5.3

CRF450R fork- 0.47 shock 5.5

Also the CRF shock uses more rebound due to the engine braking on the four stroke.

I'm going to start with changing to a softer spring rate on the fork and shock, remove 20cc or so of oil from each fork leg, and soften the rebound on the shock. Hopefully this will get me pretty close...