Sign in to follow this  

Washington mad river squirrell tree inn

just want to say that the squirrell tree restuarant and hotel provided great accomodations. finaly a restuarant that has good food.had 3 meals in a row there,all of them good, the owner rides dirt also. 

• Like 1

One of my favorite restaurants. Good beef there.

I don't know if the owner rides or talks like he rides if you get my drift. We go there a couple times a month. Much better than previous owners.

One of my favorite restaurants. Good beef there.

I don't know if the owner rides or talks like he rides if you get my drift. We go there a couple times a month. Much better than previous owners.

He rides....I've run into him while out riding in those parts

We ran into him and a buddy of his near Maverick Saddle last Tuesday. He rides a KTM 350, I think. we skipped taco night for 59er diner. Maybe next time.

I stand corrected. I was in there with a buddy of mine one time and he was talking about how you could ride to Stehekin on dirt roads. I was very skeptical at this point. Asked him how to do it, cause I would be all over it!

This was 2-3 years ago. At the time he had a DRZ. Looks like he is getting smart with the KTM! :thumbsup:

I stand corrected. I was in there with a buddy of mine one time and he was talking about how you could ride to Stehekin on dirt roads. I was very skeptical at this point. Asked him how to do it, cause I would be all over it!

This was 2-3 years ago. At the time he had a DRZ. Looks like he is getting smart with the KTM! :thumbsup:

How far a head was your reservation? I know there are cabins behind the diner too. Lodging in the area could be a good thread

• Like 1

I was eating at Gustav's in Leavenworth one nite. I asked the waitress where she would eat in town if she chose, answer: the Squirrel Tree.

I was eating at Gustav's in Leavenworth one nite. I asked the waitress where she would eat in town if she chose, answer: the Squirrel Tree.

mmm.....Reuben at Gustav's.   :thumbsup:

well if the question of advance reservations was directed to me,it was one week. and when i arrived on sat. someone in the ground level -nicer rooms had just checked out, so i upgraded and he got rite on getting it cleaned up. hey it's not the red lion ,but perfect for myself and my son after a fun day in the dirt. btw he said he rode a ktm 525 and showed me some pics on his phone from a ride the day before on billy creek-tyee and down south tommy. sounds like a bit of a workout on a manly mans bike!!!

I've run into him up there too. he has a place near lake stevens as well. knows the trails well. ride to stehekin?? pm me please